Hehe.  I should attach the patch, eh?

On Saturday, November 9, 2002, at 09:15 PM, George Schlossnagle wrote:

Here's the patch that Dan and I put together for the optimizer we talked about at the conference. It basically provides a defaulted-to-null function pointer that is the default case for the main execute() loop. This allows people to define their own opcodes without having to copy the source code for execute part and parcel into their own zend_execute() just to add a new opcodes. This is useful both for optimizers (like the one now in PECL/optimizer), as well as for implementing custom opcodes like what you want here without a huge engine patch.

George