# [EMAIL PROTECTED] / 2002-09-05 20:21:15 +0200:
> Hello,
>
> Working on PEAR::Image_Transform, I realize there is no way to check
> the currently used gd version. Beside that, gd2 functions are always
> available (raise warning if wrong gd version), this forces us to make
> a first call the function and call it again :
>
> if(@ImageCreateTrueColor()){
>     $new_img =ImageCreateTrueColor($new_x,$new_y);
> } else {
>     $new_img =ImageCreate($new_x,$new_y);
> }
>
> Is it possible to add a constant at build time ? or is there a better
> way to do it ?
>
> thank's in advance,

    Pierre,

    have you received a reply to your post?

    Everyone: the fact that e. g. imagecreatefromgif() exists no matter
    what, throwing a warning if you have a wrong GD version is IMNSHO
    utterly dumb. The fact that it limits the number of bogus PRs
    doesn't justify the breakage it forces into one's code.

    Could someone please fix this?

--
If you cc me or take the list(s) out completely I'll most likely ignore
your message.      see http://www.eyrie.org./~eagle/faqs/questions.html