On Thursday 14 November 2002 07:10, lowbwtom wrote:
> Will there be a patch to fix the mbstring bug in 4.2.3? Any idea when?
> (specifically to fix the missing 4 characters in array posts)

This bug is definitely a show-stopper.
There are _many_ PHP-applications out there that use arrays in forms, and many
of these are screwed up.
For those who can choose their PHP-Version, it means sticking to 4.2.2
For those who can't, it means either doing ugly workarounds or (if they can't
chance the source), being out of business until 4.3 is out, which won't be
tomorrow. Bad.

> Some of us have been totally screwed by this bug - since our isp's have
> updated to 4.2.3 and left everyone's sites totally broken. They refuse to
> drop back to old version and are leaving everyone "up the creek" until php
> 4.3.0 is in final release or a 4.2.3 patch is released.

Time for a 4.2.3pl1, I think.

regards
Wagner