On Thursday 14 November 2002 19:58, Steven Roussey wrote:
> Personally, I'd like to see the MySQL extension work again.
>
> The issue: persistent connections are broken when used heavily.
>
> Simple fix: _restore_connection_defaults() can be eliminated until fixed
> properly.

As discussed with Derick and Zak we will remove this stuff and wait until a
resolution inside the api is available (new api-function:
mysql_reset_connection). To unset all these things (and we can't unset all)
needs more time than to establish a new connection.

Additionally we should add some warnings into the mysql_pconnect chapter.

Regards

Georg