Since I'm not entirely comfortable with the lexer (or the Zend Engine)
yet, I need to get a few questions answered:

1) I notice that there seems to be a T_LINE token, which should be the
linenumber? However, this never seems
To even come up in the lexer from the zend_highlight() function...
2) Assuming I'm wrong about the T_LINE token in this use, (I suspect I
am)... I need to break up the parser
So that it identifies NEWLINE differently than just WHITESPACE. Any
thoughts/comments/etc on this?

Regarding the function ref...
1) What is the token identifying a function name?
2) Is there a good way to determine if a function name is user-defined
or not?

I may be completely off base here (it wouldn't surprise me) but as far
as I can tell thus far looking at the source,
I need to modify the zend_highlight() function in order to add the
requested features. I'm not so sure on how to handle
Line numbers (I was thinking of a state machine that determined if the
line number should be printed -- only should happen immediately before
the first token is displayed every new-line)... But as far as the
function-ref goes I'd
Think I could simply add a condition to check if the token is a function
... Determine if it is user-defined or not, and if it isn't create a
HREF wrapper...

Like I said, am I completely off base?

John