> > But why do you assume that the documentation was right and the code was
> > wrong and not the other way around?
>
> Because it was working like documented before. (When the documentation
> was written). Anyway, not sure what to do with this one...

I don't have the energy to do a cvs check, but I remember adding this
restriction years ago (php2 days) and then removing it (by commenting out
the check) ages ago as well. I'm not sure PHP4 ever had this check turned
on (the commented out check was ported to php4), so the documentation has
not reflected reality in a very long time.

-Rasmus