Yasuo Ohgaki <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
-> Matus Fantomas Uhlar wrote:
->> Therefore I propose a change:
->>
->> PHP_INI_SYSTEM variables should be allowed to change by admin - in
->> system-wide php.ini or httpd.conf, no matter if it's VHost or not.
->
-> I've never tried to use php_value/php_admin_value/php_flag/php_admin_flag
-> in global httpd.conf context. Does it work with Apache1.x SAPI?

Well, it does work.

-> Have you tried php_admin_vlaue/php_admin_flag?
-> (PHP_INI_ALL directives can be modified in script at least under 4.3.0-dev,
-> though)

I tried php_admin_flag which worked strange (did set some variables, did not
set others)

php_admin_value seems to work correct. The fault was in me - I used
php_admin_flag where I should use value. However I wonder why php_admin_flag
worked correctly with text values... I will check it once more.

-> There may be things that are behaving differently from Apache SAPI.
-> Please report it bug, see if Apache2 SAPI can be made work like
-> Apache SAPI. (Search bug db first, 1 bug/report, please)

I won't try apache2.x now.

->> PHP_INI_PERDIR would be then made useless and .htaccess things can be
->> checked with PHP_INI_USER.

-> I probably don't understand this line correctly.

I mean it this way:

Either variables/flags are admin-only: only admin can change them in httpd's
config, independently if it's global or virtualhost section

or they are user-settable - user can set them in .htaccess or scripts.

So I only see reason for PHP_INI_SYSTEM and PHP_INI_USER (or let's call it
PHP_INI_ALL?)

The variable PHP_INI_PERDIR seems to be useless to me - I can't find any
valid reason to use it this way.

--
 Matus "fantomas" Uhlar, [EMAIL PROTECTED] ; http://www.fantomas.sk/
 42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.