At 17:55 08.12.2002, Philip Olson wrote:

Wait, so there used to be a php-cli.exe ?  Add
that to the history request question :)

And so a user tries to install via some install
tutorial on foo.com, what problems/errors will
they see when accessing via the browser?

Philip

There was no spoon :-) ok start again:

There was no cli and only cgi binary called php.exe.
Then we decided to have a command line executable (abbrevation CLI).
And the we decided to use 'php.exe' for the new CLI and to avoid confusion
we chose to rename the CGI binary from 'php.exe'. So now there will be
some books and other papers and online docs out there which state that
php.exe has to be installed....In other words there will be users who install
CLI as CGI what will lead into errors.

marcuis