I don't understand what you're doing here. Are you actually separating on every assignment and doing a deep copy?

Andi

At 04:09 PM 12/15/2002 +0900, Moriyoshi Koizumi wrote:
Oops, the patch was wrong as the runtime occationally segfaults
in a case like:

<?php
$a = 0;
$a = &$a; /* is_ref=1, refcount=1 */
?>

Attached is the revised patch. Please try it out.

And the result of a tiny benchmark follows:

[Before patching]
1: 0.263245
2: 0.142505
3: 0.328045