Plain and simple, and it is the ONLY way that 4.3 can be released. There is no way in hell I would support the release of PHP with the cli binary replacing the cgi binary. Change it back to the way it was in 4.2.x since there is no time to properly fix the problem. Leave it marked experimental with a big note that the binary name may change in a later release.

Andrei Zmievski wrote:
What was the consensus on CGI vs. CLI naming or merging issue? Or was
there a consensus at all? I full plan to go ahead with 4.3.0 release
before the end of the year, so those interested in doing anything about
this issue better get their butts in gear.

-Andrei                                       http://www.gravitonic.com/

"This isn't right. This isn't even wrong."
           -- Wolfgang Pauli