This sounds like the same kind of problems we've encountered with PCRE
mbstring and openSSL extensions on windows and their use from other modules.

Isn't the solution as "simple" as changing the #ifdef to include
COMPILE_DL_ZLIB in the checks, or is this another situation where the
zlib extension should be compiled into the distribution itself?

Is there a problem with doing that in the win32 build Edin?
(it seems that the unix build will also have the same problems if zlib
is built as a shared extension - there was even a bug report today about
related issues).

On Mon, 23 Dec 2002, Moriyoshi Koizumi wrote:

> Therefore I think the modified part should be reverted for now, unless
> there is a better way to fulfill the requirement (see bug #16109).

Let's see what the other "output guys" have to say on this matter.

> BTW since when did I become a "output guy" ? :)

Since you began to follow-up on this report ;-)

--Wez.