Hi guys,

I'm currently writing a PHP module compiled against 4.2.3 sources that needs
to load multiple name/value pairs dynamically at run-time.  Ideally, I would
like to use entries in the PHP INI file, but the names of those entries will
not necessarily be known at compile-time.  One of two models would be ideal
for my purposes;  either multiple entries with the same name, or one entry
that contains the names of other entries to be loaded.  For instance:

mymodule.load = mymodule_foo /path/to/foo_extension.so.4.8
mymodule.load = mymodule_bar /path/to/bar_extension.so.1.5

or

mymodule.load = mymodule_foo, mymodule_bar
mymodule_foo = /path/to/foo_extension.so.4.8
mymodule_bar = /path/to/bar_extension.so.1.5

However, it seems that the only (non-hackish) way for a module to retrieve
INI file entries is by registering the name with the ZEND_INI_* family of
functions, and then retrieving the value via either a callback function or
the INI_* functions.  If I use the first method (multiple entries with the
same name) only the last entry with that name in the INI file is passed to
the callback function.  If I use the second method (specifying the entry
names using another, known, entry) then I can't access the sub-entries
because they weren't compiled in and therefore aren't recognized by the INI
file parser (as far as I can tell).

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I could implement this type of
configuration mechanism using existing PHP INI file functionality?  I'd
rather not put everything on one line, as that would become rather messy as
the number of entries increases.  I'd also like to avoid loading a separate
configuration file just for my module, if at all possible.

Thanks,
  Marshall