On Tuesday 31 December 2002 23:51, Timothy Hitchens \(HiTCHO\) wrote:
> My take on all of this is that with examples we can direct people from the
> general
> help lists to these pages or simple copy and paste in as the reply to their
> question.

>From the doc-meeting-protocol (phpdoc/RFC/protocol_20020310)

17. Examples
The examples in the manual should be more consistent and useful. A
draft styleguide alredy exists under
phpdoc/RFC/coding_standards. Additional ideas that came up were syntax
highlighting and linking functions in examples to their manual pages,
which need either post-processing of the HTML output or the ext/xslt
changes already discussed.

We also talked about having a similar feature as the old pre-Windows
Borland IDEs where it was possible to copy working examples to the
clipboard with a special single keystroke. Possible ways to implement
this for plain HTML and for CHM have to be examined ...

Having an example index and additional code-only pages for examples
might be an alternative to this.

Happy new Year!

Georg