Le jeu 02/01/2003 à 10:35, Ananth Kesari a écrit :
> When building for Apache, we don't get, on Linux, the core PHP part as
> a separate binary from the Apache module. This is what the hacked up
> build scripts produced. Thus, instead of having a single core part which
> can be used by Apache 1.3 module, Apache 2.x module, command line
> interface program etc, the whole PHP core is bound statically into each
> of these!

There is a way to do it, but it's not clean enough to put into the PHP
codebase yet.

> We would like to know whether there is a way to do the way we want it
> to be done by some configure option OR do we need to modify the input
> files to the autotools to enable this?

What I do is build a libphp_common.so with the core PHP code, then I
link the apache DSO, the command-line interface, and cgi version to this
library. This gives a 15K php executable, a 24K apache module, and the
main libphp_common.so is about 1 meg.

I build this in three steps:
1) compile the libphp_common library, php-cli and php-cgi
2) put the SAPI sources somewhere in /usr/src
3) compile Apache 1.3 and Apache 2.0 using the SAPI sources

I haven't ported this to 4.3 yet, since there has been lots of changes
in the makefile and configure scripts, but I'll post it on this list in
a couple of days.

In the meantime, if you're familiar with the RPM environment, you can
download the Mandrake PHP RPM and have a look at the SPEC file.

Jean-Michel