On Wed, 15 Jan 2003, Edin Kadribasic wrote:

> > Maybe I misunderstood when Edin said that there will be no new release
> > for some time due to the move on PHP 5.
>
> Yes, you misunderstood what I said which was that there is not going to be a
> release from the HEAD branch for some time to come -- until PHP 5 is
> released.
>
> As a matter of fact I think it would be good idea to go for 4.3.1 in
> February because number of bugfixes in PHP_4_3 branch is already significant
> and since no major new features have been added there the QA process
> shouldn't take that long either.

There were some, for example Sascha's addition. This alone would qualify
a full QA, and not a short and fast one. Our general idea was to NOT add
new code to release branches, but at the moment developers are still
doing this because *they* need a new function and dont want to wait for
5.0.0. I can understand that they dont want to wait for PHP 5, but what
I dont understand is that they think less about the general stability
and QA processes for the PHP 4.3.x series.

Derick