whoops, missent just to sascha instead of list...

>> On a related topic, the 'boyer' option of str_replace isn't even
>> documented.  That alternate method of performing str_replaces look
>> like it's a bit more efficient (no benchmarkes atm) but I'm wondering
>> if there's a specific reasons why it wasn't documented yet.
>
>    The BM algorithm is outdated and can savely be dropped.
>
>    - Sascha

That simplifies implementation then :)  Here's a patch that takes out
the boyer implementation and cleans up the parameter accepting in both
str_replace and str_ireplace.  It also avoids the _ex business since
replace_in_subject is a static method which is only called by
str_replace str_ireplace anyway.  I also reduced php_str_to_str back to
a single implementation by passing the case_sensitivity parameter to it,
but since it's a PHPAPI function I also renamed it *_ex and created a
passthrough for BC.

http://169.229.139.97/test/str_ireplace.diff-3.txt

The "large chunk of added code" is getting diminishingly smaller...
though I suppose str_replace and str_ireplace could be turned into
passthrough wrappers for a unified version, but that's probably going
further than necessary.

-Pollita