On Thu, 30 Jan 2003 09:09, Ilia A. wrote:
> On January 29, 2003 04:35 pm, Shane Caraveo wrote:
> > What's the benchmark code?  How is the benchmark difference on large
> > text (ie. 100K of text) vs. small text (1K or smaller)?
>
> Attached is the benchmark script that I've used. I've intentionally used
> 'small' strings, since that is what I imagine is most common usage of the
> function.
>
> Ilia

Large html files might be another good test. As I've often seen crude template
created with str_replace.

I'm having fun actually getting round to investigating this. I've always just
believed what the manual says "if you don't need the power of regex, use
str_replace instead".

I wonder if we should include ereg in our benchmarks too..

Regards
Stephen Thorne.