Derrick wrote:

> > date > /CURRENT_TIME
> >
> > This can be done ... for manual checkouts without
> > changing source files in cvs.
>
> How is that possible?

I don't think it is, because it needs to be done at checkout time, not at
build time.
I previously suggested (with Derrick's reply):

> > Is the ChangeLog updated religiously? If so, CVS builds could include a
> > datestamp acquired from that.
> Only daily, but it seems like the correct way to do it to me.

That should be sufficiently fine-grained, at least for the moment. It
certainly
tightens the range of a codebase in a bug report from weeks or months down
a single day or so.

Cheers,
James
---