I'm using Apache mod_negotiation to eliminate file extensions
from my site, e.g.

        http://tinyplanet.ca/services/development

This works great for dynamic features too, as I get pathinfo
for free.  No more ?article_id=92 business for me.

Anyway.  Google hates my guts for doing this.  Why?  Well, it
sends
        Accept: text/plain,text/html
in its HTTP requests.

This causes Apache to a) issue a 406 "no suitable content found" error,
and b) not serve my content to google for indexing.  Greaaat.

If I feed such a request to Apache, it says:

        An appropriate representation of the requested resource
        /services/dev could not be found on this server.

        Available variants:

        <ul>
        application/x-httpd-php, language en

Which is, of course, correct.

Of course, if I change the content-type of .html files, then PHP won't
parse them.

I'm at a bit of a loss to figure out how to fix this.
Suggestions welcome.