> > Thanks ! That does help some. I don't get the buildconf warnings
now,
> > but I am still getting shell syntax errors in the resulting
configure
> > script. arrrgh :-p
>
>     Make sure that autoconf-2.13 is completely reinstalled
>     (including rm -rf autoconf-2.13).  Otherwise, the frozen
>     files which were generated using m4-1.4o cause problems.

Thanks, I did purge my tools tree and rebuilt all of them.

Moving on to the next bug, it would seem that flex changed how it
reports versions differently

# ./flex --version
./flex version 2.5.4

# ./flex --version
flex 2.5.27

and the code that checks for the right flex will work right with 2.5.4
but not with 2.5.27, the result is a "set" command with no args which
causes my env to be burped out. The change is needed in configure.in
(I think).

So I backed up to flex 2.5.4 :-p

After that, I get a syntax error related to ext/odbc/config.m4. Don't
understand why, but I get a script block that is missing the first
half of an if then else fi  construct. I tried "working around" this
by zeroing the config.m4 file, as I am not using odbc anyway, but that
only moved the problem down a module or two.

I set up a debian linux box and after getting the right versions of
things I am still getting the same results from configure. I am
getting a syntax error saying "else" unexpected.

I encountered what appears to be a typo in odbc/config.m4:
+      PHP_EVAL_LIBLINE([$ODBC_LFLAGS $ODBC_LIBS], OBDC_SHARED_LIBADD)
that should probably be ODBC, but it had nothing to do with my build
problem.

At this point I have spent about 10 hours on this and am no closer to
being able to build test my changes. Anyone have any ideas ? Anyone
want to send me a ./configure that works with HEAD ?

As I can only compile a part of the zend_parse_parameter changes I
have proposed,  I will becommiting them anyway in a moment. I will
also need to commit the OnUpdateInt/Long changes tommorow (friday) so
Jani can do the 4.3.2 kit.

Dave