Nevermind... Seems the webserver was on afs filespace, and apache/php didnt like the permissions it had there. Everything works now that I moved it to a jfs filesystem.

Scott Baker wrote:
I'm trying to write an extention that calls a C++ lib i've written. I've gotten the module to compile and function mostly correctly, but I have a problem opening files for writing within functions of the lib. My code links libpng to write image files to a img directory on the webserver. The problem is that any attempt to actually open a file for write fails:

this is the code to open the file (standard stuff):

FILE *pngout
pngout = fopen(filename, "wb");

if (pngout==NULL) {
fprintf(stderr,"ERROR: Unable to open file %s for writing graph\n",filename);
return -1;
}

This code works when i compile the lib as a stand-alone app, but fails when I call it from php. I doubt permissions are the issue, I've gone as far as to chmod 777 the img dir it writes to, and I still get this error. Is the problem that I need to use php streams to write to disk or something? I'd like to be able to use the same lib linked into a php module and into a stand alone app.
Thanks.

Platform: PowerPC AIX 4.3.3. ml10
Compiler: xlC (the C++ one)
PHP version: 4.0.6 (this is because this was the most resent IBM rpm for aix. I had compile problems with newer versions, though i think b/c of the changes i've made to libtool, it should work now.) I had to edit libtool to use xlC's makeC++SharedLib script to get the module to link correctly. I've compiled everything from my library to php to apache with xlC.