On Wed, 12 Mar 2003, Shane Caraveo wrote:

> But for the sake of writing...here's another idea.
>
> So how about a first post response system, similar to the subscription
> response.  That first post would not actually be posted to the email
> list, but rather an email would be sent back to the poster stating the
> purpose of the email list, and what kind of materials are expected on
> the list.  If the post does not match this criteria, please send it to
> on of the other lists, otherwise respond to this email and your original
> message will go out.

Instead of this it might be a better idea to make somebody's first post
moderated, after it has been approved the poster is added to the allow
list, if not he gets back a message like I copy&paste everytime now :)
If they are not approved, and they repost... they just nobody replies to
the Moderator request.

You then solve:
a. people not reading the reply to the first post and just repost again
b. people who are contributing stuff dont need to repost their mail, or
   do other tricks to get their stuff posted
c. there is much less to moderate

You lose:
a. nothing :)

Derick