> Downloading an email is 20-30 KB. Opening a forum page could be 1MB or
more.

Honestly this is kind of a ridiculous argument. But even if you consider
it, still a forum page is not 1MB per page, the css and js files will get
cached after your first request, so browsing subsequent pages won't require
nearly 1MB per page. Also to stretch your argument even thinner, there do
exist really lightweight forum themes. It doesn't have to be megabytes of
background photos and heaps of JS per page anyway.

At any rate, we should really consider the percentage of people who browse
FIG on a wooden PC with dialup internet before optimizing the UI to that
setup.

> I don't understand why people insist on wasting bandwidth and time basing
the decision on their 100 Mbit home connection.

It's 2016, people browse Facebook and Instagram on their phones all day. 5
Instagram pictures are the same size the JS and CSS are for the forum (and
remember you only need to download the JS and CSS once)

On Sun, Aug 7, 2016 at 2:36 PM, Michael Cullum <m...@michaelcullum.com> wrote:

> Daniel,
>
> Please keep it professional here. This kind of discussion isn't
> constructive.
>
> --
> Michael C
> PHP FIG Secretary
>
> On 6 August 2016 at 15:51, Daniel Plainview <daniel.pla...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> > Clicking reply on a mail client I start writing 1/10th of a second
>> > later. On a forum it takes at least 10-20 seconds to load.
>>
>> Please, fix you net and upgrade computer, respect yourself.
>> We shouldn't tolerate racism and slow computers.
>>
>> On Friday, August 5, 2016 at 12:19:52 PM UTC+3, Alessandro Pellizzari
>> wrote:

>>> for

>>> have
>>>
>>> The time I waste.
>>>
>>> Clicking reply on a mail client I start writing 1/10th of a second
>>> later. On a forum it takes at least 10-20 seconds to load.
>>> Usually I start doing something else while I wait, and lose the will to
>>> respond, or the idea I had in mind.
>>>
>>> Repeat for n times a day.
>>>
>>> Also, with a ml I see the thread tree. I can easily navigate the
>>> subthread up to the point I am interested in. In a forum it's all at the
>>> same level and I end up reading a lot of unrelated messages belonging to
>>> other subthreads.
>>>
>>> Plus, I just press "n" on my client to go to next unread, while on the
>>> web I have to click around.
>>>
>>> As I read the ml during my 5-min or 15-min pomodoro pause or my lunch
>>> break, I need it to be fast. If I am running out of time and I want to
>>> answer, I mark it as unread/important and come back to it after lunch,
>>> in the evening or the morning after.
>>>
>>> With the ml I can read most of the messages in less than 5 mins. With a
>>> forum I can probably read 10 messages in 5 minutes, tops.
>>>
>>> Bye.
>>>
>>> --
>> gid/php-fig/6bd7b09a-8948-4ca4-babe-a38cbb087002%40googlegroups.com
>> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/php-fig/6bd7b09a-8948-4ca4-babe-a38cbb087002%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
>> .

> --
> msgid/php-fig/CAAqcDMjEeS7A19K2f8d_dBBNcuxTU8wTxrFajb3TaP0wrey20Q
> %40mail.gmail.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/php-fig/CAAqcDMjEeS7A19K2f8d_dBBNcuxTU8wTxrFajb3TaP0wrey20Q%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> .

      • Re: ... 'scott molinari' via PHP Framework Interoperability Group
        • ... Alessandro Pellizzari
          • ... 'scott molinari' via PHP Framework Interoperability Group
            • ... Alessandro Pellizzari
              • ... 'scott molinari' via PHP Framework Interoperability Group
              • ... Daniel Plainview
              • ... Amanda Folson
              • ... Paul Jones
              • ... Alessandro Pellizzari
              • ... Michael Cullum
              • ... Roman Tsjupa
              • ... Alessandro Pellizzari
              • ... Roman Tsjupa
              • ... Amanda Folson
              • ... Roman Tsjupa
  • Re: Switch to... Andreas Heigl
    • Re: Swit... 'Alexander Makarov' via PHP Framework Interoperability Group
    • Re: Swit... Robert Korulczyk
      • Re: ... Alessandro Pellizzari