> On Sep 15, 2016, at 13:37, Matthew Weier O'Phinney <mweierophin...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> On Thu, Sep 15, 2016 at 9:11 AM, Paul Jones <pmjone...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> So I still have no idea if the secretary role is intended as an "assistant"
>> type of secretary, or some other type of secretary. Again, this should be a
>> straightforward thing to answer.
>
> You're creating a false dichotomy, Paul.

Not at all. It might be part assistant, part something else (or perhaps
multiple something elses).

Regardless, I seem to have gotten an answer from Larry's SitePoint article on
the FIG at
<https://www.sitepoint.com/the-past-present-and-future-of-the-php-fig/> :

> In late 2015, FIG added a 3-person Secretary position, elected by project
> reps, to handle managerial tasks but stay out of technical tasks. I
> personally feel that change has been a resounding success, as managerial
> tasks are actually getting done now ...

Based on that, it seems the Voting Members are the workers in FIG, and the
secretaries are the managers in FIG.

Is that what everyone who voted +1 on the secretary role understood the case to
be?

--

Paul M. Jones
http://paul-m-jones.com