Performing managerial tasks doesn't make someone a manager of people. I
suggest we ask ourselves the question - does FIG 3.0's definition of the
secretaries differ from the current bylaws definition of the secretaries?
Does the current definition of secretaries (or someone's disagreement of
the existing bylaws) make this a discussion about them or the content of
the 3.0 proposal that is actually different?

This is a thread to discuss the content of 3.0 that differs from the
current FIG. Unless the secretary bylaws differ significantly (in 3.0) from
what is currently defined, it would seem that discussions about them are a
straw man:

A *straw man* is a common form of argument
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logical_argument> and is an informal fallacy
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Informal_fallacy> based on giving the
impression of refuting an opponent's argument, while actually refuting an
argument that was not advanced by that opponent.[1]
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man#cite_note-Stephen_Downes-1>