> So why even mention it then?

I think it's because most implementations are not aware of this difference,
but it's important.
It doesn't automatically mean that the interface must reflect the
DependencyNotFoundException.
@throws FooException means "it's your possible issue, take care of it".
@throws DependencyNotFoundException means "My arm can be broken, take care
of it".
@throws ConfigrationDoesNotExistException means "My leg is broken, take
care of it".

> As someone building a framework that uses a container I would very much
care about the distinction between group 2 and group 3

Could you, please, provide us a real use-case when you need to catch