Hi all,

This might not be the correct place to post this (please point me in the
right direction if, that's the case) but I have some thoughts on the topic
of blank lines after the opening <?php tag in the spec.

>From what I can see, there's some inconsistency in having a blank line
after the opening tag. The examples in the spec also illustrate this.

*Some examples without a blank line:*

<?phpdeclare(strict_types=1);

<?phpnamespace Vendor\Package;

*Some examples with a blank line:*

<?php/** * This file contains an example of coding styles.
*/declare(strict_types=1);

<?phpuse Vendor\Package\Namespace\{    SubnamespaceOne\ClassA,
SubnamespaceOne\ClassB,    SubnamespaceTwo\ClassY,    ClassZ,};

<?phpbar();

I think to enforce consistency, and (in my opinion) more aesthetically
pleasing code, the standard should be to *always* have a blank line after
the opening tag. Specific to namespaces, the convention to have a blank
line after the opening tag is already adopted in a number of high profile
PHP projects (Laravel, League packages, the Composer class loader, PHPSpec
to name a few).

Does anyone have any feedback on this?

Again, my apologies if this isn't the right place for this suggestion.

Thanks for reading,

Amo