Thank you for the input. Meta should be definitely fixed. Some other
comments:

> * Related: Technically I see nothing that mandates properties-first, then
> methods.  That's virtually universal from what I've seen, though.  Should
> that
> be included in class organization?

Generally it's true but there are exceptions. Private properties intended
for caching object instances are kept close to  methods in many libraries
I've seen and I can't say it's a bad practice. In fact, it makes it easier
to read such code.

4.5:
> * I still hold that "function foo(): string" is silly and the colon should
> have spaces on either side.  This feels like an entirely unnecessary
> inconsistency.

That would be very unnatural since in most natural languages there's no
space before ":" and a space after ":".

* "we have taken a more prescriptive approach and defined the standards for
> new
> language features as they are released" - eh, I know that was the intent,
> but
> is that still true, given how long PSR-12 has been in progress?

It is. Standards were mostly defined at that time. Then there was a period
of validation with surveys.