For Composer

1. Massimiliano Arione
2. Chris Tankersley
3. Enrico Zimuel
4. Ben Edmunds
5. Korvin Szanto

On 10/01/2020 09:42, Alessandro Lai wrote:
Hello everyone,
as specified in the previous thread (https://groups.google.com/d/topic/php-fig/te-IAmuZte0/discussion), yesterday at midnight UTC the nominations ended, and since today it's possible to vote for the renewal of the terms that are up for this elections.

We have *4 spots on the Core Committee* up for reelection; we also have one full-term spot for secretary but, since we have only one unopposed nomination for the secretary election, we will need to vote for the Core Committee positions only, for which we have five nominations (listed in chronological order of nomination):

 - Enrico Zimuel: https://groups.google.com/d/topic/php-fig/G9O263am5Bs/discussion  - Massimiliano Arione: https://groups.google.com/d/topic/php-fig/CXS_djlzI6E/discussion  - Korvin Szanto: https://groups.google.com/d/topic/php-fig/suq1VFu3N8Y/discussion  - Chris Tankersley: https://groups.google.com/d/topic/php-fig/O-qPhtb3li4/discussion  - Ben Edmunds: https://groups.google.com/d/topic/php-fig/xk6cHWzOr6s/discussion

Full information about the Core Committee vote and role is visible in the bylaws here: https://www.php-fig.org/bylaws/mission-and-structure/#the-core-committee <https://www.php-fig.org/bylaws/mission-and-structure/#the-core-committee>

*Who can vote?*
As specified in the bylaws, any Project Representative or any participant in the PHP-FIG ML can vote on the CC elections. A ML participant is defined in the bylaws as follows: "Any individual that has posted a non-trivial message in the official PHP-FIG venue (mailing list, forum, etc.) at least five (5) times within the past calendar year as of the start of nominations [...] is eligible to vote on Core Committee candidates."
*When can you vote?*
Voting will be open in this thread until January 23rd 23:59:59 UTC.

*How to vote*
The voting system used is STV[1][2], so basically, there is no tactical voting possible (like with FPTP); vote for who you want, even if they are a less popular candidates as your vote will move down to a different candidate if you back an unpopular candidate who doesn't have enough votes; if a candidate is elected, their surplus votes are also re-allocated so you are not punished for backing popular candidates either. There is no quorum, you are of course entitled to not vote and it will not count as a missed vote on the voting sheet. Rank the candidates in order of preference for example:

1. Luke
2. Leia
3. Anakin
4. Rey
5. Padmé
6. Finn

At the end of the voting phase I will be announcing the results, and all the newly elected (both CC members and secretary), as announced before.
Thanks!

Alessandro Lai
PHP-FIG Secretary

[1]: STV User-friendly Explanation https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8XOZJkozfI <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8XOZJkozfI> [2]: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Single_transferable_vote <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Single_transferable_vote>
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "PHP Framework Interoperability Group" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to php-fig+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com <mailto:php-fig+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>. To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/php-fig/c9f56a7f-adf7-4b31-b5a9-65635560d104%40googlegroups.com <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/php-fig/c9f56a7f-adf7-4b31-b5a9-65635560d104%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

--
Jordi Boggiano
@seldaek - https://seld.be