php-general Digest 26 Nov 2004 02:58:03 -0000 Issue 3134

Problems compiling mnogosearch
        202852 by: Mario Bittencourt
        202853 by: John Nichel
        202856 by: Mario Bittencourt

Re: Happy Thanksgiving
        202854 by: Daniel Schierbeck
        202857 by: John Holmes
        202858 by: Ryan A
        202860 by: John Nichel
        202864 by: Christopher Way

Re: SAFE MODE Restriction - mkdir()
        202855 by: SED

Getting static member for a class which name is stored in a variable
        202859 by: Francisco M. Marzoa Alonso
        202869 by: Daniel Schierbeck

Re: Happy Thanksgiving[Scanned]
        202861 by: Michael Egan

Read PDF files with Php
        202862 by: Jacob Friis
        202865 by: Christopher Way

free cache/accelerator for php5?
        202863 by: Ivan Voras

Overriding static members?
        202866 by: Francisco M. Marzoa Alonso

Date Format error
        202867 by: Stuart Felenstein
        202868 by: Ford, Mike

Re: Secure Password (MySQL) Storage
        202870 by: Olaf van der Spek
        202872 by: Jason Wong

NH05 to 5, NH07 to 7
        202871 by: Wiberg
        202873 by: Raditha Dissanayake

        [EMAIL PROTECTED]

To unsubscribe from the digest, e-mail:
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]

To post to the list, e-mail:
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Hi,

I can't compile php 5 (or 4) with mnogosearch and mysql support.  I
saw a couple of posts but I was wondering what do I have to do in
order to make it compile.

mnogosearch is already installed and working.

Thanks.

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message --- Mario Bittencourt wrote:
Hi,

I can't compile php 5 (or 4) with mnogosearch and mysql support.  I
saw a couple of posts but I was wondering what do I have to do in
order to make it compile.

mnogosearch is already installed and working.

Thanks.

The way I was able to get it working was to configure/compile mnogosearch *without* MySQL support, and build php against that. Then once php was configured/compiled/installed, re-configure/compile mnogosearch *with* MySQL support.

--
By-Tor.com
...it's all about the Rush

Hi,

I've tried this but keep getting

Stopping httpd:                                            [FAILED]
Starting httpd: Syntax error on line 190 of /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /etc/httpd/modules/libphp5.so into server:
libmnogosearch-3.2.so: failed to map segment from shared object:
Permission denied

On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 10:06:47 -0500, John Nichel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Mario Bittencourt wrote:
>

> > Hi,
> >
> > I can't compile php 5 (or 4) with mnogosearch and mysql support.  I
> > saw a couple of posts but I was wondering what do I have to do in
> > order to make it compile.
> >
> > mnogosearch is already installed and working.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >

> The way I was able to get it working was to configure/compile
> mnogosearch *without* MySQL support, and build php against that.  Then
> once php was configured/compiled/installed, re-configure/compile
> mnogosearch *with* MySQL support.
>
> --
> By-Tor.com
> ...it's all about the Rush
> http://www.by-tor.com

--- Begin Message --- John Nichel wrote:
Happy Turkey Day ladies and gents.

Disclaimer :
If you are not in the US, or do not celebrate Thanksgiving, you are still allowed to have a 'happy' day. ;)

I just can't wait 'til Talk Like A Pirate Day (September 19 if I remember correctly)!

Arrr, shiver me timbers! There be treasure in them thar hills!

And no, I'm not from the US ;)

--
Daniel Schierbeck

Help spread Firefox (www.getfirefox.com): http://www.spreadfirefox.com/?q=user/register&r=6584
--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message --- John Nichel wrote:
Happy Turkey Day ladies and gents.

Disclaimer :
If you are not in the US, or do not celebrate Thanksgiving, you are still allowed to have a 'happy' day. ;)

What's this got to do with PHP? I'm on a 1.4bps connection and it took me all day to download your message. For each email I get my ISP requires me to give away my first born in order to read it! You are wasting my time. My religion forbids any king of thanks, so now I have to spend the next 4 days in church and my ISP is going to charge me over 1200 dollars just to reply to you. Happy day my ass...

--

---John Holmes...

Amazon Wishlist: www.amazon.com/o/registry/3BEXC84AB3A5E/

php|architect: The Magazine for PHP Professionals – www.phparch.com

On 11/25/2004 5:28:47 PM, John Holmes ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
> John Nichel wrote:
>
> > Happy Turkey Day ladies and gents.
>

> > Disclaimer :
>
> > If you are not in the US, or do not celebrate Thanksgiving, you are
>
> > still allowed to have a 'happy' day. ;)
>

> What's this got to do with PHP? I'm on a 1.4bps connection and it took
>
> me all day to download your message. For each email I get my ISP
>
> requires me to give away my first born in order to read it! You are
>
> wasting my time. My religion forbids any king of thanks, so now I have
>
> to spend the next 4 days in church and my ISP is going to charge me over
>
> 1200 dollars just to reply to you. Happy day my ass...

ouch, someone got up on the wrong side of someones bed today....
I did like the "1.4bps connection " part though :-)

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message --- John Holmes wrote:
John Nichel wrote:

Happy Turkey Day ladies and gents.

Disclaimer :
If you are not in the US, or do not celebrate Thanksgiving, you are still allowed to have a 'happy' day. ;)

What's this got to do with PHP? I'm on a 1.4bps connection and it took me all day to download your message. For each email I get my ISP requires me to give away my first born in order to read it! You are wasting my time. My religion forbids any king of thanks, so now I have to spend the next 4 days in church and my ISP is going to charge me over 1200 dollars just to reply to you. Happy day my ass...

Hey, national 'cry like a baby day' is next week!!!! ;)

Consider yourself lucky, you're turkey dinner could be coming out of a MRE. *L*

--
By-Tor.com
...it's all about the Rush

I believe that is what one would called humour/humor...

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ryan A" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
John Nichel wrote:

> Happy Turkey Day ladies and gents.

> Disclaimer :

> If you are not in the US, or do not celebrate Thanksgiving, you are

> still allowed to have a 'happy' day. ;)

What's this got to do with PHP? I'm on a 1.4bps connection and it took

me all day to download your message. For each email I get my ISP

requires me to give away my first born in order to read it! You are

wasting my time. My religion forbids any king of thanks, so now I have

to spend the next 4 days in church and my ISP is going to charge me over

1200 dollars just to reply to you. Happy day my ass...

ouch, someone got up on the wrong side of someones bed today.... I did like the "1.4bps connection " part though :-)

This answer from Mike solved this (e.g. create a CGI process for this task):

[...]
So, yes, you can create a directory which it is then impossible to access --
this is an unfortunate side-effect of safe mode when PHP runs as an Apache
module and hence as the Apache user.  This is why hosted services often use
chrooted jails with PHP as a CGI -- the individual copies of PHP then run
with the appropriate uids of the host usernames.
[...]

Regards,
Summi

I've code like follows:

<?php

class TestClass {
   public static $Data = 'This is the data';
}

$Obj = new TestClass ();
$ClassName = get_class ($Obj);
echo $ClassName::$Data;

?>

It gives me an error like:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_PAAMAYIM_NEKUDOTAYIM ...

I've found googling that it means that those '::' are unexpected. So, How can I get an static member for a class which name is stored in a variable?

Thx.
--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message --- Francisco M. Marzoa Alonso wrote:
I've code like follows:

<?php

class TestClass {
   public static $Data = 'This is the data';
}

$Obj = new TestClass ();
$ClassName = get_class ($Obj);
echo $ClassName::$Data;

?>

It gives me an error like:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_PAAMAYIM_NEKUDOTAYIM ...

I've found googling that it means that those '::' are unexpected. So, How can I get an static member for a class which name is stored in a variable?

Thx.
I'd make a method in the class that returned the static variable:

class TestClass
{
        public static $data = 'This is the data';

        public static function getData ()
        {
                return self::$data;

$obj = new TestClass();

echo $obj->getData();

--
Daniel Schierbeck

Help spread Firefox (www.getfirefox.com): http://www.spreadfirefox.com/?q=user/register&r=6584
> Hey, national 'cry like a baby day' is next week!!!!  ;)

Could you specify which day next week?

That's one festival I look forward to taking part in :-)

Michael Egan

The information contained in this email (and in any attachments sent with it)
is confidential. It is intended for the addressee only. Access to this email by
anyone else is unintended and unauthorized.
If you are not the original addressee, 3tc asks you to please maintain
confidentiality. If you have received this email in error please notify 3tc
immediately by replying to it, then destroy any copies and delete it from your
computer system.

Any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email by anyone
except the addressee in the normal course of his/her business, is strictly
prohibited. 3tc owns the copyright in this email and any document created by us
and assert the right to be identified as the author of it. Copyright has not
been transferred to the addressee.
We protect our systems with Sophos Anti-virus -
www.sophos.com

Do I need PDFlib in order to read PDF files?
Is there another way?

Thanks,
Jacob

--- End Message ---