php-general Digest 14 Feb 2005 14:27:49 -0000 Issue 3285

Re: Server Uptime
        208625 by: Leif Gregory

Re: Ensure a number is three digits long
        208626 by: Burhan Khalid

Re: need help parsing named.conf file
        208627 by: Burhan Khalid

Re: Artificial Intelligence for PHP
        208628 by: Nadim Attari

Information
        208629 by: wez.thebrainroom.com

calling php function when submit button is pressed
        208630 by: ross.aztechost.com

        [EMAIL PROTECTED]

To unsubscribe from the digest, e-mail:
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]

To post to the list, e-mail:
        php-general@lists.php.net

Hello Brad,

BC> What is the function, or how do you make a script that displays
BC> the server's uptime?

If you're on Windows you could do this:

**************

function serverUptime()
{
  $uptimeStamp = filemtime('c:/pagefile.sys');
  $uptime = time() - $uptimeStamp;
  $days = floor($uptime / (24*3600));
  $uptime = $uptime - ($days * (24*3600));
  $hours = floor($uptime / (3600));
  $uptime = $uptime - ($hours * (3600));
  $minutes = floor($uptime /(60));
  $uptime = $uptime - ($minutes * 60);
  $seconds = $uptime;
  $theUpTime = $days." days, ".$hours." hours, ".$minutes." minutes and
".$seconds." seconds";
  $lastReBoot = date("r", $uptimeStamp);

  RETURN $theUpTime;
}

**************

It'll give you an output like this:
21 days, 6 hours, 48 minutes and 49 seconds

Note: I didn't write this code, this is how WinSysInfo does it. It
works very well. He's got a lot of neat code in his beta 2 version for
pulling all sorts of info off Windows systems.

If you're not on a Windows server, *nix might have a file other than
pagefile.sys that you could do the same thing with.

Cheers,
Leif Gregory

--
TB Lists Moderator (and fellow registered end-user)
PCWize Editor  /  ICQ 216395  /  PGP Key ID 0x7CD4926F

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message --- Shaun wrote:
Hi,

I have am trying to create functions to convert strings to ascii and vice versa:

http://www.php.net/ord http://www.php.net/chr

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message --- Torsten Rosenberger wrote:
Hello

is there a way to parse the named.conf file with preg_match_all to get
back an array which looks like

[options][directory] = '/var/lib/named'
[options][forwoarder] = '192.168.0.2'
[zone][mydomain.com][type] = 'master'
[zone][mydomain.com][notify] = 'yes'
[zone][domain2.com][type] = 'slave'

http://pear.php.net/package/File_DNS

Hello,

These links might help:

http://coding.mu/index.php/archives/category/php/
http://www.phparchitect.com/news/466
http://www.phppatterns.com/index.php/article/articleview/71/1/11/

Regards,
Nadim

"C.F. Scheidecker Antunes" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> a écrit dans le message de
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Hello,
>
> I am interested on Artificial Intelligence for PHP, pattern maching, etc.
> More specifically: data mining, statistics and pattern maching.
>
> Couple of years ago there was a presentation on the MELL Extension - AI
> for PHP.
>
> I've tried to google it but I've found no code or examples.
>
> Does anyone have any knowledge on using PHP for AI systems or know of
> any resource, a book
> or on the internet that might help me out?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> C.F.

Important informations!

Can anyone show me how to call a function when submit is pressed or a form
is submitted.

I  am for an alternative to $php_self which refreshes the whole page. I want
to run the function which displays the errors on a form and only do a
$php_self when the form is filled out correctly.

thanks

Ross