php-general Digest 4 Sep 2005 16:07:00 -0000 Issue 3663

Re: Another nube strugaling to get PHP working with Apache.
        221839 by: Jasper Bryant-Greene

AND OR NOT
        221840 by: John Taylor-Johnston

PHP/MySQL offline
        221841 by: Mario netMines

Scary nonsense form submissions
        221842 by: Brian Dunning

        [EMAIL PROTECTED]

To unsubscribe from the digest, e-mail:
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]

To post to the list, e-mail:
        php-general@lists.php.net

Dale Turner wrote:
I installed apache and it seems to be working.

I installed PHP and ti seems to translate HTML but it dosent seem to understand
PHP.

# added the line.
AddType application/x-hpptd-php .php .phtml .html

Maybe you'd like to try:

AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .phtml .html

(you had misspelled x-httpd-php in your AddType directive)

Note that if you do that then all .html files will also be treated as PHP code, which you might not want. You might like to just do:

AddType application/x-httpd-php .php

--
Jasper Bryant-Greene
Freelance web developer

If you find my advice useful, please consider donating to a poor
student! You can choose whatever amount you think my advice was
worth to you. http://tinyurl.com/7oa5s

<input TYPE="text" NAME="searchenquiry" VALUE="" size=30>

Any suggestion on how to swap AND OR NOT for mysql fulltext syntax in $searchenquiry? A simple parse for " AND " and then str_replace? Is str_replace appropriate for case?
John

Hi all

I have a project where I'm using PHP/Mysql. The client wants to run that project to a cd. Does anyone know of a trick either by using javascript, XML or an automated script that creates a static site that will allow me to do that?

Many Thanks

Hi all -

I have forms on a number of unrelated web sites that just send me an email for one purpose or another. There are 2 to 6 fields: name, email, comment, etc. No big deal.

Recently I've been getting a lot of weird submissions. I'll receive half a dozen at a time, with all the fields filled with some kind of garbage contents. Here is one example from a form on my americansubstandard.com site:

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
xqofli
---/snip---

I wonder if this is some kind of automated attack attempt. Does anyone recognize this type of thing, and is it potentially dangerous? Should I do something about it?

- Brian