php-general Digest 4 Jun 2007 06:44:54 -0000 Issue 4828

Re: How can I DomDocument->renameNode?
        256027 by: itoctopus
        256028 by: tedd

Single Sign On
        256029 by: Sudheer Satyanarayana
        256030 by: Robert Cummings

Is the GD module standard?
        256031 by: Dave M G
        256032 by: Robert Cummings
        256033 by: Greg Donald

Making thumbs same size
        256034 by: Humani Power

        [EMAIL PROTECTED]

To unsubscribe from the digest, e-mail:
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]

To post to the list, e-mail:
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Create a copy manually and then rename the node.

--
itoctopus - http://www.itoctopus.com
""Eric Wiener"" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Apparently renameNode is not yet implemented into Dom, so how can I
rename a node without affecting its value and/or child nodes?

I have tried making a new node, inserting it before the old node then
removing the old node but I could not figure out how to get the
nodeValue to include the child nodes, so they get stripped out leaving
only the text value.

I have tried making a new node, inserting it before the old node then
removing the old node but I could not figure out how to get the
nodeValue to include the child nodes, so they get stripped out leaving
only the text value.

You might try something like this:

function replaceNode() {
        var inChoice = document.getElementById("grafCount").selectedIndex;
        var inText = document.getElementById("textArea").value;

        var newText = document.createTextNode(inText);
        var newGraf = document.createElement("p");
        newGraf.appendChild(newText);

        var allGrafs = nodeChangingArea.getElementsByTagName("p");
        var oldGraf = allGrafs.item(inChoice);

        nodeChangingArea.replaceChild(newGraf,oldGraf);
}

 tedd
--
-------

Hi,

We have three web sites
a) example1.com
b) example2.com
c) my.example2.com

Our sites include exclusive pages for registered users. All user account management tasks are handled by my.example2.com including registration, modification, cancellation, etc. We would like to create a single sign on system for all the three web sites. The user would sign on with a single username and password to all three web sites. For example, when the user visits a membership page in example1.com he would be prompted to sign on to his account. His credentials are stored in my.example2.com. my.example2.com is now fully functional. After the successful sign on, the user would be redirected to original membership page in example1.com.

How would I pass the information from my.example2.com to example1.com about the authentication status of user?

We use MySQL database to store and retrieve user account details in my.example2.com. The web host does not allow remote database connections.

Thanks,
Sudheer

On Mon, 2007-06-04 at 08:06 +0530, Sudheer Satyanarayana wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We have three web sites
> a) example1.com
> b) example2.com
> c) my.example2.com
>

> Our sites include exclusive pages for registered users. All user account
> management tasks are handled by my.example2.com including registration,
> modification, cancellation, etc.  We would like to create a single sign
> on system for all the three web sites. The user would sign on with a
> single username and password to all three web sites. For example, when
> the user visits a membership page in example1.com he would be prompted
> to sign on to his account.  His credentials are stored in
> my.example2.com.  my.example2.com is now fully functional. After the
> successful sign on, the user would be redirected to original membership
> page in example1.com.
>
> How would I pass the information from my.example2.com to example1.com
> about the authentication status of user?
>
> We use MySQL database to store and retrieve user account details in
> my.example2.com. The web host does not allow remote database connections.

I'd pass a session identifier to example1.com, then when example1.com
detects a session synch, it would use a webservice to call home to
my.example2.com and request verification of the session. You will
probably want to have some extra checks in place too, like a timestamp
that expires, maybe user browser information, etc to help validate.

Cheers,
Rob.

PHP General,

I have been using the imagepng() function in my local testing environment for a while now to make CAPTCHA images.

In my testing environment, I hadn't done any customization to my PHP set up. I went with the default set of installation options that Ubuntu offers for a LAMP server.

Recently, I uploaded my site to a web hosting server, and the CAPTCHA would not display.

At first, I didn't understand that it was a module issue, because I thought the imagepng() function was standard in PHP.

However, by using the phpinfo() command on my hosting service, I realized they don't have the GD module installed.

So my assumption that imagepng() will be available on any standard installation of PHP is wrong.

However, I'm surprised that it wouldn't be as common as, say, the MySQL module.

Is it that my Ubuntu installation comes with an unusual amount of bells and whistles? Is it that my web hosting server is lacking in what can be expected for standard PHP features?

I want to write code that most people can expect to run on their hosting services without having to reconfigure their PHP installation. So, can I expect that most servers would have the GD module? If not, what do people usually do to manipulate images?

Thank you for any advice.

--
Dave M G
Ubuntu Feisty 7.04

On Mon, 2007-06-04 at 12:47 +0900, Dave M G wrote:
> PHP General,
>
> I have been using the imagepng() function in my local testing
> environment for a while now to make CAPTCHA images.
>
> In my testing environment, I hadn't done any customization to my PHP set
> up. I went with the default set of installation options that Ubuntu
> offers for a LAMP server.
>
> Recently, I uploaded my site to a web hosting server, and the CAPTCHA
> would not display.
>
> At first, I didn't understand that it was a module issue, because I
> thought the imagepng() function was standard in PHP.
>
> However, by using the phpinfo() command on my hosting service, I
> realized they don't have the GD module installed.
>
> So my assumption that imagepng() will be available on any standard
> installation of PHP is wrong.
>
> However, I'm surprised that it wouldn't be as common as, say, the MySQL
> module.
>
> Is it that my Ubuntu installation comes with an unusual amount of bells
> and whistles? Is it that my web hosting server is lacking in what can be
> expected for standard PHP features?
>
> I want to write code that most people can expect to run on their hosting
> services without having to reconfigure their PHP installation. So, can I
> expect that most servers would have the GD module? If not, what do
> people usually do to manipulate images?

Every host I've ever used has had GD installed. If they didn't offer GD,
I'd switch. I think it's a safe bet to assume most realistic hosts have
GD.

Cheers,
Rob.

On 6/3/07, Robert Cummings <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Every host I've ever used has had GD installed. If they didn't offer GD,
I'd switch. I think it's a safe bet to assume most realistic hosts have
GD.

Same here.  Been using it for years, never had to ask for it to be installed.

--
Greg Donald
http://destiney.com/

Hey hi!!.

I have a few pages that uploads images to the apache server and makes a
registry on a mysql database. Everything is going well just for a few
details.

When I make the upload for an image, it creates me a thumb image, but not as
I want. For example, if I have an image that its of 2000 x 2000 px, the
thumb created is 200 x 200, If I upload another with 300x300 px, my thumb
will be 30x30 px, making look the gallery pretty bad.  The only thing that I
need is that all my thumbs were on the same size.
I've tried to modify the thumb width and height size, but doesnt work..
Probably I am not undersatnding hoy to use the resampling() tool.

here is my code.

<?php
include("connection.php");
//make variables avaliable
$image_caption = $_POST['image_caption'];
$image_username = $_POST['image_username'];
$image_tempname = $_FILES['image_filename']['name'];
$image_date = date($_POST['image_date']);
$today= date("Y-m-d");
//upload image and check for image type
$ImageDir="/var/www/apache2-default/images/";
$Imagethumb=$ImageDir."thumbs/";
$ImageName=$ImageDir . $image_tempname;
if (move_uploaded_file($_FILES['image_filename']['tmp_name'],
                            $ImageName)) {
//get info about the image being uploaded

list($width, $height, $type, $attr)= getimagesize($ImageName);

//insert info into the table
$insert= "insert into rsiis_images
           (image_caption,image_username,image_date,image_date_upload)
           values
           ('$image_caption','$image_username','$image_date','$today')";
           $insertresults=mysql_query($insert)
           or die(mysql_error());
           $lastpicid=mysql_insert_id();

           $newfilename=$ImageDir . $lastpicid .".jpg";
           if($type==2){
                       rename($ImageName, $newfilename);
           } else {
            if ($type==1){
               $image_old=imagecreatefromgif($ImageName);
           }elseif ($type==3){
               $image_old=imagecreatefrompng($ImageName);
           }

           //"convert the image to JPG

           $image_jpg=imagecreatetruecolor($width,$height);
           imagecopyresampled($image_jpg,$image_old, 0, 0, 0, 0, $width,
$height,$width,$height);

           imagejpeg($image_jpg,$newfilename);
           imagedestroy($image_old);
          imagedestroy($image_jpg);
           }

$newthumbname=$Imagethumb.$lastpicid.".jpg";
//get dimensions of the thumbnail

$thumb_width=$width*0.10;
$thumb_height=$height*.10;

//Create thumbnail
$largeimage=imagecreatefromjpeg($newfilename);

$thumb=imagecreatetruecolor($thumb_width,$thumb_height);
imagecopy($thumb, $largeimage, 0, 0, 0, 0,$width,$height);
           imagecopyresampled($thumb, $largeimage, 0, 0, 0, 0,

$thumb_width,$thumb_height,$width,$height);
                                    imagejpeg($thumb,$newthumbname);
imagedestroy($largeimage);
imagedestroy($thumb);

$url="location:showimage.php?id=".$lastpicid;
header($url);

}

?>

thanks for your help