php-general Digest 15 Aug 2007 17:48:49 -0000 Issue 4963

Re: About UTF-8 / ANSI
        260832 by: Anders Norrbring

problem with require_once
        260833 by: Vanessa Vega
        260835 by: Tijnema
        260836 by: Chris
        260840 by: Sanjeev N

Re: Forwarding $_POST[]...
        260834 by: Eddie Dunckley

Parsing Variables Inside a String
        260837 by: heavyccasey.gmail.com
        260838 by: Chris
        260839 by: heavyccasey.gmail.com
        260842 by: Sanjeev N
        260843 by: Sanjeev N
        260850 by: heavyccasey.gmail.com
        260851 by: heavyccasey.gmail.com
        260857 by: Jim Lucas

Re: www.soongy.com
        260841 by: Sanjeev N

Re: PHP Books - A poll of sorts
        260844 by: David Powers
        260845 by: Man-wai Chang To Die

Re: zip freezes - how to handle corrupt CRC in zip-file
        260846 by: ecc

cant get if logic correct..
        260847 by: Gregory Machin
        260848 by: Per Jessen
        260849 by: Michael Preslar
        260859 by: Jim Lucas

QuickTime question
        260852 by: tedd
        260853 by: Eric Butera
        260855 by: Stut
        260861 by: brian
        260862 by: tedd

OOP in PHP
        260854 by: Patrik Hasibuan
        260856 by: Nathan Nobbe
        260858 by: Robert.Degen.rwth-aachen.de
        260860 by: Jim Lucas

Problem downloading files in IE
        260863 by: Richard S. Crawford

        [EMAIL PROTECTED]

To unsubscribe from the digest, e-mail:
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]

To post to the list, e-mail:
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Kelvin Park skrev:
I heard from a person that he was having some problem with uploading and displaying a web site on an ordinary web hosting server because the files weren't saved as UTF-8 charset (instead they were saved in iso-8859-1).

Could saving HTML files in a different charset (UTF-8 or iso-8859-1) cause problem with the web hosting server making the website totally inaccessible?

Probably not.. However (as always), if code is misinterpreted due to character set, tags may be interpreted incorrectly and generate errors which prevents output. Most likely in case of cached pages where output isn't presented until the page is fully parsed.

But I'd say it's not likely...

Anders.

Good day to all...

I would like to ask for some help..
I have a form created in javascript codes. The page is a pop up window.
I am passing the values of the form using the method "post". The PHP file
that handles the form displays the values from that and  had the following
code in the beginning:

<?php

    require_once('myclass.php');

    //this class contains all functions for me to connect on the database

----------------rest of the code for displaying and saving  values to an
existing databse----------------------

?>

when i clicked the submit button, nothing happens and the page wouldl just
refresh...
but when i removed the require_once code of my PHP, the values from the form
is displayed but of course, will not be saved since the class isnt
there.....

can anyone help me....

On 8/15/07, Vanessa Vega <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Good day to all...
>
> I would like to ask for some help..
> I have a form created in javascript codes. The page is a pop up window.
> I am passing the values of the form using the method "post". The PHP file
> that handles the form displays the values from that and  had the following
> code in the beginning:
>
> <?php
>
>    require_once('myclass.php');
>
>    //this class contains all functions for me to connect on the database
>
> ----------------rest of the code for displaying and saving  values to an
> existing databse----------------------
>
> ?>
>
> when i clicked the submit button, nothing happens and the page wouldl just
> refresh...
> but when i removed the require_once code of my PHP, the values from the form
> is displayed but of course, will not be saved since the class isnt
> there.....
>
> can anyone help me....

Well, then you're problem is probably in your myclass.php file...
Please show some relevant code so that we can help.

Tijnema

--
Vote for PHP Color Coding in Gmail! -> http://gpcc.tijnema.info

Vanessa Vega wrote:
Good day to all...

I would like to ask for some help..
I have a form created in javascript codes. The page is a pop up window.
I am passing the values of the form using the method "post". The PHP file that handles the form displays the values from that and had the following code in the beginning:

<?php

    require_once('myclass.php');

    //this class contains all functions for me to connect on the database

----------------rest of the code for displaying and saving values to an existing databse----------------------

?>

when i clicked the submit button, nothing happens and the page wouldl just refresh... but when i removed the require_once code of my PHP, the values from the form is displayed but of course, will not be saved since the class isnt there.....

The file 'myclass.php' isn't in the same folder as your new script so php can't find it.

Using 'require' tells php to die if it can't find the file - which is what is happening.

--
Postgresql & php tutorials
http://www.designmagick.com/

Hi,

The problem is simple...
Either the file myclass.php path is wrong (may be your calling file is in
some folder and myclass.php is in another folder) or if path is correct and
file may have some syntax errors or some function may not exist..

Please check the path if wrong and check the file for syntax and content if
path is correct

Warm Regards,
Sanjeev
http://www.sanchanworld.com/
http://webdirectory.sanchanworld.com - Submit your website URL
http://webhosting.sanchanworld.com - Choose your best web hosting plan

On Thu 09 Aug 07 20:11, Simon wrote:
> The dumbest (but still correct) way to do it is a for() loop that
> creates a hidden input with the name/value pair for each variables
> you want.

Might not be as dumb as one thinks: hidden vars are useful when some
misconfigured proxy or round-robin proxy or over-eagre serverside
session-expiry, or bad browser drops session_id cookie. *boom* you're
out. /Us prefer having a balance between sessions and post data: at
least with post data you can view the page and know what to expect when
the page is submitted. Though it is a bit silly posting a whole ecom
trolley contents as hidden vars, probably better to post a single
hidden var that points to a correct data container. (and thats what
sessions are for so if you like chickens you can call it a catch-22).

> I would advise against resending the username/password over and over.
Definately. especially if there is no form of encryption of these
tokens.

--
Eddie.
                  "You may be recognized soon.  Hide."

Hi, is there a function that can parse variables within a string?

For example:

$good_day = 'The';
$fr['iop'] = "y're crazy!";

$new = '$good_day$fr['iop']';
echo TheFunctionIRequest($new); // They're crazy!

Thanks!

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Hi, is there a function that can parse variables within a string?

For example:

$good_day = 'The';
$fr['iop'] = "y're crazy!";

$new = '$good_day$fr['iop']';
echo TheFunctionIRequest($new); // They're crazy!

Well this:

echo $good_day . $fr['iop'];

will do what you show here.

What are you trying to do exactly?

--
Postgresql & php tutorials
http://www.designmagick.com/

I need to get the variable names from a database.

On 8/15/07, Chris <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > Hi, is there a function that can parse variables within a string?
> >
> > For example:
> >
> > $good_day = 'The';
> > $fr['iop'] = "y're crazy!";
> >
> > $new = '$good_day$fr['iop']';
> > echo TheFunctionIRequest($new); // They're crazy!
>
> Well this:
>
> echo $good_day . $fr['iop'];
>
> will do what you show here.
>

> What are you trying to do exactly?
>
> --
> Postgresql & php tutorials
> http://www.designmagick.com/

$new = '$good_day$fr['iop']';

This will give you error...
Instead if you try in this way as follows
$new = "$good_day$fr['iop']"; or
$new = $good_day.$fr['iop'];

It will include the "They're carzy!" in the $new variable..