php-general Digest 6 Sep 2007 12:58:02 -0000 Issue 5003

Re: Command line socket server and SSL
        261762 by: Paul

Re: Using PHP to determine if user has Java installed
        261763 by: Paul Scott
        261764 by: Matt Livingston

Re: Curl redirection problem.
        261765 by: Stut

Re: capital "I" letters in func/class method names do not work with turkish
locale in php5
        261766 by: Roman Neumüller
        261772 by: Tijnema

mail doesnt work
        261767 by: Diana Castillo

cant mail
        261768 by: Diana Castillo
        261769 by: Robert Degen
        261770 by: Diana Castillo
        261771 by: Diana Castillo

        [EMAIL PROTECTED]

To unsubscribe from the digest, e-mail:
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]

To post to the list, e-mail:
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Greg Donald wrote:
On Wed, 5 Sep 2007, Paul wrote:
Because the client is incapable of HTTPS or HTTP protocols.

Not that I really should need to answer this. Why on earth would you assume I
don't have a good reason? In what way is this answer to my question even a
little helpful?

It's not every day someone wants to use php with openssl but omit the web
server component.

Do you have anything to offer in answer to my question to the list that
actually might help?

Have you tried using the openssl s_server directly?

Worth a look. Thanks.

On Wed, 2007-09-05 at 20:41 -0400, tedd wrote:
> >Java Runtime Environment == Java
> >JavaScript != Java

How about something like:

if ( navigator.javaEnabled() ) {
    alert('JRE is installed!');
    window.location="page_with_a_JAVA_applet";
}
else {
    alert('JRE is not installed!');
    window.location="error_page";
}

All Email originating from UWC is covered by disclaimer
http://www.uwc.ac.za/portal/uwc2006/content/mail_disclaimer/index.htm

Thanks,

http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.java.php has the information I needed.  The
purpose of this script is on a website I will be managing we distribute
software written in Java, so when they go to download the software I thought
it would be a nice touch to alert them if they do not have JRE installed and
provide a link to the Java site where they can download it.

Thanks again all!

-Matt

On 9/5/07, David Powers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> tedd wrote:
> > At 3:17 PM -0600 9/5/07, Matt Livingston wrote:
> >>
> >> I want to know if it is possible to use PHP to find out if a visitor
> has
> >> Java Runtime Environment installed on a computer.
> >
> > But you can attempt to run a js script from php to see if javascript is
> > enabled.
>
> Java Runtime Environment == Java
> JavaScript != Java
>
> There is a PECL extension for Java, allows you to get the version of
> Java installed. I have never used it, but details are here:
>
> http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.java.php
>
> --
> David Powers

-Matt Livingston

Chris wrote:

Basically I want to redirect to: http://www.website.org/index.php after
logging in using curl.

Curl won't redirect you, you have to do it.

header('Location: http://www.website.org');

But bear in mind that any cookies you've set up with curl will not be there when you redirect the client since they're in your cookie jar not on the clients machine, so if you're trying to do what I think you're trying to do it won't work.

-Stut

--
http://stut.net/

I'm a german web-designer living in Turkey.
Sometimes I use opensource software like gallery2 or WP to have customers have some nice web albums or blog. The turkish translation files of such opensource software usually use gettext and .po files for i18n and are always a bit behind the translation
status of other european languages.

I decided to work a bit on some of those tr.po files on my local linux box
(opensuse 10.2 with apache 2.x mysql 5.x and php 5.2.0). But when I started the
test phase in turkish I couldn't test because of strange errors.
I contacted the forum of gallery2 and after investigating the problem I
stumbled over an answer of bug #35050 at bugs.php.net:

  http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=35050

and its status: WONT FIX

Now that's really great. It means that turkish hosting providers cannot use php5 at all! And as of the news on php.net php4 will not be supported or developed any further
after the end of 2007! Will Turks really have now to wait for a php6?
When will that come out?
That's seems to me to be a sort of discrimination of turkish language in php5.
Is it technical so difficult to develop a patch for this bug?

Sincerely

On 9/6/07, Roman Neumüller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I'm a german web-designer living in Turkey.
> Sometimes I use opensource software like gallery2 or WP to have customers
> have some
> nice web albums or blog. The turkish translation files of such opensource
> software
> usually use gettext and .po files for i18n and are always a bit behind the
> translation
> status of other european languages.
>
> I decided to work a bit on some of those tr.po files on my local linux box
> (opensuse 10.2 with apache 2.x mysql 5.x and php 5.2.0). But when I
> started the
> test phase in turkish I couldn't test because of strange errors.
> I contacted the forum of gallery2 and after investigating the problem I
> stumbled over an answer of bug #35050 at bugs.php.net:
>
>   http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=35050
>
> and its status: WONT FIX
>
> Now that's really great. It means that turkish hosting providers cannot
> use php5 at all!
> And as of the news on php.net php4 will not be supported or developed any
> further
> after the end of 2007! Will Turks really have now to wait for a php6?
> When will that come out?
> That's seems to me to be a sort of discrimination of turkish language in
> php5.
> Is it technical so difficult to develop a patch for this bug?
>
> Sincerely

Well, only 1 hour later than your email, there has been posted a patch
on the bug page that fixes it.

Tijnema

Vote for PHP Color Coding (aka Syntax Highlighting) in Gmail! ->
http://gpcc.tijnema.info

when I try to send mail using this code:

mail("[EMAIL PROTECTED]","TEST MAIL","TESTING MAIL");

I get this error:

Warning: mail() [function.mail]: SMTP server response: 554
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>: Recipient address rejected: Access denied in
C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\intranet\test.php on line 4

my settings in php.ini are
SMTP = "smtp.tsanalytics.com"
smtp_port = 25

when I try to send mail using this code:

mail("[EMAIL PROTECTED]","TEST MAIL","TESTING MAIL");

I get this error:

Warning: mail() [function.mail]: Failed to connect to mailserver at
"smtp.tsanalytics.com" port 25, verify your "SMTP" and "smtp_port" setting
in php.ini or use ini_set() in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\intranet\test.php on line
4

my settings in php.ini are
SMTP = "smtp.tsanalytics.com"
smtp_port = 25

Connection/Firewall ?!
----------------------
Run telnet <SMTPSERVER> 25, type EHLO <ENTER> and see if he
talks to you

No anonymous relaying ?!
------------------------
Set the From header, caus maybe your smtp doesn't relay for
everyone :-)

mail ($addressee, $sub, $body, 'From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]');

or write it into your php.ini at...

sendmail_from   NULL    PHP_INI_ALL

(found at http://de3.php.net/mail, Runtime Configuration)

So far!
Rob

--
Und komm, Du brauchst nur einen Baum
um 1000 Streichhölzer herzustellen.

sorry I dont know how to run that telnet command, it doesnt work in my dos window. I downloaded absolute telnet but I dont know how to send a message withit.

as far as sendmail_from, I already have that set to an email, so that isnt theproblem.

Could it be that in out look express it says in my mail setup "My server requires authentification"?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Robert Degen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Run telnet <SMTPSERVER> 25, type EHLO <ENTER> and see if he
talks to you

No anonymous relaying ?!
------------------------
Set the From header, caus maybe your smtp doesn't relay for
everyone :-)

mail ($addressee, $sub, $body, 'From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]');

or write it into your php.ini at...

sendmail_from NULL PHP_INI_ALL

(found at http://de3.php.net/mail, Runtime Configuration)

So far!
Rob

I found telenet.exe that comes with windows, but when I type in
<SMTPSERVER> 25, type EHLO <ENTER> it says Command not valid