php-general Digest 23 Dec 2007 14:59:32 -0000 Issue 5196

Re: Assign variable to a block of html code
        266230 by: php mail

Aspect Oriented framework
        266231 by: php mail

html to doc and pdf ??
        266232 by: Me2resh Lists

imap_mail()
        266233 by: Thomas Le

Sending SMS via PHP
        266234 by: AmirBehzad Eslami
        266235 by: Casey
        266236 by: Bastien Koert

        [EMAIL PROTECTED]

To unsubscribe from the digest, e-mail:
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]

To post to the list, e-mail:
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for pointing me to heredoc syntax. I've got it working out nicely now
;)

Regards,

Feris

On 12/20/07, Daniel Brown <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Dec 19, 2007 10:38 PM, php mail <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > Is it possible to assign variable to a block of html code ?
> >
> > Something like this :
> >
> > $myblokvar = "
> [sniiiiiiiiiiiip]
> > ";
> >
> > Although example above is not working, what I want to achieve is
> something
> > like that. Is it possible how can I do that ?
>
>     If you absolutely want to do it that way, then escape your quotes
> in the HTML.  When you're using quotes to encapsulate a variable, any
> quotes contained within the value will cause a parse error.  One
> alternative is to use single-quotes for variable containment, and
> double-quotes throughout, or vice-versa.  These two methods will work:
>
>     $variable = "This is how you \"escape\" quotes.";
>     $variable = 'Using single quotes gives you the "literal" value,
> which means you can't do newlines and such.\n';
>
>     However, your best bet is going to be using HEREDOC:
>
> $html =<<<EOL
>
>     Always be sure to use the three left carats as shown in the line
> above.  You can call EOL anything you want in the world, as long as it
> doesn't interfere with an existing part of your code within the same
> scope.  You can also use $variables within a HEREDOC, but things like
> newlines WILL NOT work.\n
>
>     Also note that, when using HEREDOC syntax, you don't end the
> <<<EOL with a semicolon.  And when you're done with your HEREDOC
> block, be sure to end it as the first thing on the line.  You can't
> have any spaces, tabs, or other characters before it.  And be sure to
> place your semicolon after it, as well, like so:
> EOL;
>
> --
> Daniel P. Brown
> [Phone Numbers Go Here!]
> [They're Hidden From View!]
>
> If at first you don't succeed, stick to what you know best so that you
> can make enough money to pay someone else to do it for you.

Hi All,

Anyone ever use this tools ? If so, which one is more recommended ?

- http://www.aophp.net/
- http://phpaspect.org/

Regards,

Feris

Dear All,

after suffering with asp.net, i finally convinced the company to turn the
application we are using to PHP
but my concern is,
what is the easiest and best way to convert html that is generated from
mysql databse to microsoft word and pdf files ????

the application will run on a linux server

can anyone help please ????

any help would be appreciated

thanks in advance,.

Regards,
Me2resh

How do I structure the $additionalHeaders string so that it is useful? Is
there a specific order the headers have to be in? How do I delimit multiple
headers? I want the from and mailed-by fields to be modified by this
variable when mailed from the PHP script. I am getting the server name of my
host instead of the domain name of my site. Minor thing because most people
probably dont look at headers, but I want it to be professional looking in
case someone does.

Thank you,

Thomas Le
"Choose a job you love, and you'll never have to work a day in your life." -
Confucius

Hi,

How can i send SMS messages via PHP? How can i set SMS-headers (UDH)?
Does anyone know some article/class/package about this issue?

Thank you in advance,
-b

On Dec 22, 2007 9:00 PM, AmirBehzad Eslami <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> How can i send SMS messages via PHP? How can i set SMS-headers (UDH)?
> Does anyone know some article/class/package about this issue?
>
> Thank you in advance,
> -b

You could send emails.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SMS_gateways#Email_to_SMS
-Casey

Sending proper SMS messges requires that you use an SMS gateway or buy a
cellular modem. SMS is essentially XML will the message body limited to 160
characters.

do some googling to get more information

bastien
> Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2007 08:30:29 +0330
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: [PHP] Sending SMS via PHP
>
> Hi,
>
> How can i send SMS messages via PHP? How can i set SMS-headers (UDH)?
> Does anyone know some article/class/package about this issue?
>
> Thank you in advance,
> -b

Discover new ways to stay in touch with Windows Live! Visit the City @ Live
today!