php-general Digest 4 Feb 2008 14:30:59 -0000 Issue 5274

Re: about preg_replace, please help !
        268611 by: Casey
        268618 by: LKSunny
        268619 by: Casey
        268620 by: Paul Scott

Re: php competion
        268612 by: Richard Lynch
        268623 by: Robert Cummings
        268624 by: Jochem Maas
        268627 by: bruce

Re: how to make multiple website on one host
        268613 by: Richard Lynch
        268622 by: jeffry s

Re: " using the mail() command
        268614 by: Richard Lynch

Re: Location in php's source for ini-values
        268615 by: Richard Lynch

Re: Redirecting STDERR to a file?
        268616 by: Richard Lynch

Re: Resetting a session variable
        268617 by: Paul Scott

Re: flash with PHP
        268621 by: clive
        268626 by: Zoltán Németh

Fileinfo
        268625 by: Mad Unix

Schedule tasks from server
        268628 by: Pieter du Toit

        [EMAIL PROTECTED]

To unsubscribe from the digest, e-mail:
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]

To post to the list, e-mail:
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]

On Feb 3, 2008, at 5:00 PM, "LKSunny" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

<?
$txt = <<<eof
aaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaa

bbbbbbbb
bbbbbbbb

bbbbbbbb
eof;

//i just want replace "start to first \r\n\r\n"
//how can i do ?
//i want out put
/*
bbbbbbbb
bbbbbbbb

bbbbbbbb
*/
print preg_replace("What's is this ?", "", $txt);

//Thank You !!
?>

list(, $result) = explode("\r\n\r\n", $string, 2);

this i know.....
but i need use preg_replace.....

any body can help me, thank you very much !!

"Casey" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

On Feb 3, 2008 9:04 PM, LKSunny <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> this i know.....
> but i need use preg_replace.....
>
> any body can help me, thank you very much !!
>
> "Casey" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> ???????:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> > On Feb 3, 2008, at 5:00 PM, "LKSunny" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> >> <?
> >> $txt = <<<eof
> >> aaaaaaaaa
> >> aaaaaaaaa
> >> aaaaaaaaa
> >>
> >> bbbbbbbb
> >> bbbbbbbb
> >>
> >> bbbbbbbb
> >> eof;
> >>
> >> //i just want replace "start to first \r\n\r\n"
> >> //how can i do ?
> >> //i want out put
> >> /*
> >> bbbbbbbb
> >> bbbbbbbb
> >>
> >> bbbbbbbb
> >> */
> >> print preg_replace("What's is this ?", "", $txt);
> >>
> >> //Thank You !!
> >> ?>
> >>
> >> --
> >>

> > list(, $result) = explode("\r\n\r\n", $string, 2);
>
> --

Why do you need preg_replace?

--
-Casey

On Sun, 2008-02-03 at 21:06 -0800, Casey wrote:

> Why do you need preg_replace?

Else he fails a homework assignment?

--Paul
--
------------------------------------------------------------.
| Chisimba PHP5 Framework - http://avoir.uwc.ac.za           |

All Email originating from UWC is covered by disclaimer
http://www.uwc.ac.za/portal/public/portal_services/disclaimer.htm

On Sun, February 3, 2008 11:51 am, Robert Cummings wrote:

> On Sun, 2008-02-03 at 18:15 +0200, Paul Scott wrote:
>> On Sun, 2008-02-03 at 20:10 +1100, doc wrote:
>> > come on people try you skills at
>> >
>> > http://www.rhwebhosting.com/comp/index.php
>>
>> Reworded as:
>>
>> Redesign our complete web presence and give us a couple of apps that
>> we can flog to our clients,
>> and we *may* give you a consolation prize.
>
> So not worth the time and effort. Any person capable of doing the code
> conversion (to AT LEAST C, Python, and Perl nonetheless) is smart
> enough
> to know the potential payoff is worse than flipping burger and
> McGeneric's.

Actually, the specification for the real estate listing thingie looked
pretty trivial...

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?

On Sun, 2008-02-03 at 20:48 -0600, Richard Lynch wrote:

> On Sun, February 3, 2008 11:51 am, Robert Cummings wrote:

> >> Reworded as:
> >>
> >> Redesign our complete web presence and give us a couple of apps that
> >> we can flog to our clients,
> >> and we *may* give you a consolation prize.
> >
> > So not worth the time and effort. Any person capable of doing the code
> > conversion (to AT LEAST C, Python, and Perl nonetheless) is smart
> > enough
> > to know the potential payoff is worse than flipping burger and
> > McGeneric's.
>
> Actually, the specification for the real estate listing thingie looked
> pretty trivial...

But then there's...

"We would appreciate it if people would select a category appropriate to
their skills and experience"

So they'd rather you didn't pick that one Richard ;) I doubt there's a
$10k and $5k prize for each category.

Cheers,
Rob.

Richard Lynch schreef:

On Sun, February 3, 2008 11:51 am, Robert Cummings wrote:
On Sun, 2008-02-03 at 18:15 +0200, Paul Scott wrote:
On Sun, 2008-02-03 at 20:10 +1100, doc wrote:
come on people try you skills at

http://www.rhwebhosting.com/comp/index.php
Reworded as:

Redesign our complete web presence and give us a couple of apps that
we can flog to our clients,
and we *may* give you a consolation prize.
So not worth the time and effort. Any person capable of doing the code
conversion (to AT LEAST C, Python, and Perl nonetheless) is smart
enough
to know the potential payoff is worse than flipping burger and
McGeneric's.

Actually, the specification for the real estate listing thingie looked
pretty trivial...

on the surface of things I would agree - which is why there are plenty of
trivial
real-estate listing apps out there. but I doubt that's what they are looking
for.

when you factor in multi-user, multi-currency, multi-language aspects, the
ability
to switch between metric and imperial measurements, the issues related to
normalization of real-estate data with regard to offering usable search
mechanisms
(everyone has different 'styles' of data), backend integration, automated export
to third party systems and map integration things become a little more involved
oh and flexibility because every real-estate agent is looking for something
*slightly*
different.

given those points I would hazard a guess and say the development costs
outweigh the
potential prize money at least 4 to 1. granted a RE tool is not technically very
challenging but I wouldn't under estimate the ammount of time the details of
such an
app would take to implement.

anyway you put it these rhwebhosting guys are nuts if they think anyone
(meaning anyone
with the skills to actually produce the kind of quality/functionality their
looking for)
would be interested in this 'competition'

on the other hand...

maybe they're looking for not only skilled developers to build the app, but
also people that they can work with, as partners..  who knows, maybe these
guys have a pool of real estate partners and the $$$ will flow if they can
get things off the ground...

but i'm sure that all the php developers who reply to this list are already
making at least $50/hr net, so maybe this wouldn't be your thing!!!

peace...

On Sun, February 3, 2008 1:20 am, jeffry s wrote:
> i am wondering whether this can be done. i know it can.
> is it possible to make one website with the ability to host multiple
> website.
> it is something like website generator. eg: www.shopify.org
>
> let say for example i have a website www.example.org.
> i can point a domain name (www.example1.org) to the server where
> www.example.org hosted,
> and when user visit www.example1.org, it execute the same scripts as
> www.example.org with
> with different themes and website configuration.

switch($_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'])){
  case 'example1.org': load('example1'); break;
  case 'example.org': load('example'); break;
}

You should also consider playing games with Apache mod_rewrite

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?
http://cdbaby.com/from/lynch
Yeah, I get a buck. So?

can you tell me more about mod_rewrite?

On Feb 4, 2008 10:52 AM, Richard Lynch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Sun, February 3, 2008 1:20 am, jeffry s wrote:
> > i am wondering whether this can be done. i know it can.
> > is it possible to make one website with the ability to host multiple
> > website.
> > it is something like website generator. eg: www.shopify.org
> >
> > let say for example i have a website www.example.org.
> > i can point a domain name (www.example1.org) to the server where
> > www.example.org hosted,
> > and when user visit www.example1.org, it execute the same scripts as
> > www.example.org with
> > with different themes and website configuration.
>
> switch($_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'])){
>  case 'example1.org': load('example1'); break;
>  case 'example.org': load('example'); break;
> }
>
> You should also consider playing games with Apache mod_rewrite
>
> --
> Some people have a "gift" link here.
> Know what I want?
> I want you to buy a CD from some indie artist.
> http://cdbaby.com/from/lynch
> Yeah, I get a buck. So?

I would think you'd want all that MIME stuff in the headers...

But I don't really know.

If you want a quote in the HTML part, use &qout;

In the plain-text, I would assume \" would embed a quote...

On Sat, February 2, 2008 5:09 am, ehl lhe wrote:

> hello,
>

> I'd like to know where PHP finally sets the php.ini-values in it's
> sourcecode, e.g. max_execution_time, open_basedir, etc...
> What I need is to set several static values which must not be editable
> using php.ini, .htaccess, ini_set, or whatever - so I simply need to
> set final values for several php.ini-settings by modifying the php
> sourcecode...

open_basedir can't be over-ridden in .htaccess or with ini_set.

That would defeat its whole purpose.

max_execution_time can be, but I *think* there might be something with
php_admin_value that makes it not be over-ridable.

I don't know where it is in the source, but I know you can try digging
through the source here:
http://lxr.php.net/
or here:
http://cvs.php.net/

It's not going to be terribly tricky to find, as it's not in the
extensions, and it's GOT to be in something pretty basic/fundamental,
as well as in the first chunk of code that executes...

--

On Fri, February 1, 2008 10:58 pm, js wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was trying to write a script  in PHP that takes a program name
> as an argument and invoke it as a daemon.
> PHP provides fork(pcntl_fork), setsid(posix_setsid) and umask,
> so it was easy.
> However, I couldn't find a way  to redirect STDERR a file.
> I like to have the daemon write its log to its  own logfile, like
> apache and mysql do.
>
> So is there any way to accomplish that?
> Any pointers, suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

http://php.net/set_error_handler

You can catch (almost) all the errors and send them wherever you want.

Or maybe you just want to write this as a shell script instead of
using PHP in the first place. :-)

--

On Sun, 2008-02-03 at 13:14 -0500, Ron Piggott wrote:
> What is the command to reset a session variable --- essentially deleting
> all of the values it contains?  Ron

Assign the session to an empty array() and then use session_destroy()

All Email originating from UWC is covered by disclaimer
http://www.uwc.ac.za/portal/public/portal_services/disclaimer.htm

FlashKnowledge = 0;
phpKnowledge = 1;

I remember some time back finding a class for php and a class/unit/addon for flash that allowed communication between php file and flash files, just google for it

Clive

Alain Roger wrote:
Hi,

i would like to have a flash menu in my PHP website.
this is no problem.

My problem is how to exchange data between PHP andFlash (in both direction).
i found a lot of posts on this theme, but nothing with really works under
ActionScript 3 and PHP.

does anyone already solved such topic ?

thx.

2008. 02. 3, vasárnap keltezéssel 09.23-kor Alain Roger ezt írta:
> Hi,
>
> i would like to have a flash menu in my PHP website.
> this is no problem.
>
> My problem is how to exchange data between PHP andFlash (in both direction).
> i found a lot of posts on this theme, but nothing with really works under
> ActionScript 3 and PHP.
>
> does anyone already solved such topic ?

you can pass parameters to the flash with this tool:
http://blog.deconcept.com/swfobject/

and the flash can issue http requests thus reach the php server side.
once we implemented a site where we did not want the page to reload but
it needed to communicate with the server, it issued http GET requests,
the server responded with xml data, and the flash parsed and used the
xml data (don't ask me about how, because my colleague did it, I made
only the server part ;) )

greets
Zoltán Németh

> thx.

I can not install FileInfo...  any help

[EMAIL PROTECTED] php.d]# pear config-show
Configuration (channel pear.php.net):
=====================================
Auto-discover new Channels     auto_discover    <not set>
Default Channel                default_channel  pear.php.net
HTTP Proxy Server Address      http_proxy       <not set>
PEAR server [DEPRECATED]       master_server    pear.php.net
Default Channel Mirror         preferred_mirror pear.php.net
Remote Configuration File      remote_config    <not set>
PEAR executables directory     bin_dir          /usr/bin
PEAR documentation directory   doc_dir          /usr/share/pear/doc
PHP extension directory        ext_dir          /usr/lib64/php/modules
PEAR directory                 php_dir          /usr/share/pear
PEAR Installer cache directory cache_dir        /var/cache/php-pear
PEAR configuration file        cfg_dir          /usr/share/pear/cfg
directory
PEAR data directory            data_dir         /usr/share/pear/data
PEAR Installer download        download_dir     /tmp/pear/download
directory
PHP CLI/CGI binary             php_bin          /usr/bin/php
php.ini location               php_ini          <not set>
PEAR Installer temp directory  temp_dir         /tmp/pear/temp
PEAR test directory            test_dir         /usr/share/pear/test
PEAR www files directory       www_dir          /usr/share/pear/www
Cache TimeToLive               cache_ttl        3600
Preferred Package State        preferred_state  stable
Unix file mask                 umask            22
Debug Log Level                verbose          1
PEAR password (for             password         <not set>
maintainers)
Signature Handling Program     sig_bin          /usr/local/bin/gpg
Signature Key Directory        sig_keydir       /etc/pearkeys
Signature Key Id               sig_keyid        <not set>
Package Signature Type         sig_type         gpg
PEAR username (for             username         <not set>
maintainers)
User Configuration File        Filename         /root/.pearrc
System Configuration File      Filename         /etc/pear.conf
[EMAIL PROTECTED] php.d]# php -v
PHP 5.1.6 (cli) (built: Sep 12 2007 11:11:52)
Copyright (c) 1997-2006 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.1.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2006 Zend Technologies
[EMAIL PROTECTED] php.d]# pecl install Fileinfo
downloading Fileinfo-1.0.4.tgz ...
Starting to download Fileinfo-1.0.4.tgz (5,835 bytes)
.....done: 5,835 bytes

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to
allocate 92160 bytes) in /usr/share/pear/PEAR/Builder.php on line 173
[EMAIL PROTECTED] php.d]# pear install -o Fileinfo
No releases available for package "pear.php.net/Fileinfo" - package
pecl/Fileinfo can be installed with "pecl install Fileinfo"
Cannot initialize 'channel://pear.php.net/Fileinfo', invalid or missing
package file
Package "channel://pear.php.net/Fileinfo" is not valid
install failed
[EMAIL PROTECTED] php.d]# pear install Fileinfo
No releases available for package "pear.php.net/Fileinfo" - package
pecl/Fileinfo can be installed with "pecl install Fileinfo"
Cannot initialize 'channel://pear.php.net/Fileinfo', invalid or missing
package file
Package "channel://pear.php.net/Fileinfo" is not valid
install failed
[EMAIL PROTECTED] php.d]# pecl install Fileinfo
downloading Fileinfo-1.0.4.tgz ...
Starting to download Fileinfo-1.0.4.tgz (5,835 bytes)
.....done: 5,835 bytes

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to
allocate 92160 bytes) in /usr/share/pear/PEAR/Builder.php on line 173
[EMAIL PROTECTED] php.d]# cat /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf | grep -i limit
# during a persistent connection. Set to 0 to allow an unlimited amount.
# ServerLimit: maximum value for MaxClients for the lifetime of the server
ServerLimit      256
#   Options FileInfo AuthConfig Limit
#    AllowOverride FileInfo AuthConfig Limit
#    <Limit GET POST OPTIONS>
#    </Limit>
#    <LimitExcept GET POST OPTIONS>
#    </LimitExcept>
# Aliases: Add here as many aliases as you need (with no limit). The format
is
          AllowOverride FileInfo AuthConfig Indexes Limit
[EMAIL PROTECTED] php.d]# cat /etc/php.ini | grep -i limit
; Expressions in the INI file are limited to bitwise operators and
parentheses:
; setting this directive to On.  If you wish to limit the size of the buffer
; This directive contains a comma-delimited list of prefixes.  In Safe Mode,
; This directive contains a comma-delimited list of environment variables
that
; open_basedir, if set, limits all file operations to the defined directory
; It receives a comma-delimited list of function names. This directive is
; It receives a comma-delimited list of class names. This directive is
; Resource Limits ;
memory_limit = 16M      ; Maximum amount of memory a script may consume
; Maximum number of persistent links.  -1 means no limit.
; Maximum number of links (persistent + non-persistent).  -1 means no limit.
; Maximum number of persistent links.  -1 means no limit.
; Maximum number of links (persistent + non-persistent).  -1 means no limit.
; Maximum time (in secondes) for connect timeout. -1 means no limit
; Maximum number of links.  -1 means no limit.
; Maximum number of persistent links.  -1 means no limit.
; Maximum number of links (persistent+non persistent).  -1 means no limit.
; Maximum number of persistent links.  -1 means no limit.
; Maximum number of links (persistent+non persistent).  -1 means no limit.
; Maximum number of persistent links.  -1 means no limit.
; Maximum number of links (persistent + non-persistent).  -1 means no limit.
; Maximum number of persistent links.  -1 means no limit.
; Maximum number of links (persistent + non-persistent).  -1 means no limit.
; Maximum number of persistent links.  -1 means no limit.
; Maximum number of links (persistent + non-persistent).  -1 means no limit.
session.cache_limiter = nocache
; Maximum number of persistent links.  -1 means no limit.
; Maximum number of links (persistent+non persistent).  -1 means no limit.
;mssql.textlimit = 4096
; Limits the number of records in each batch.  0 = all records in one batch.

--
madunix

Hi people

Is there a way that i can schedule tasks on my webserver that will
automatically fire on a certain time and date, without anyone visiting the
website?

This domain is hosted by a ISP and not by me.

Thanks