php-general Digest 17 Jul 2009 08:29:19 -0000 Issue 6234

Re: Syntax Snag need extra eyes
        295485 by: Jim Lucas

Re: Case Conversion of US Person Names
        295486 by: Jônatas Zechim
        295487 by: phphelp -- kbk
        295500 by: phphelp -- kbk

dictionary/spell check...
        295488 by: Dan Joseph
        295491 by: Robert Cummings
        295495 by: Dan Joseph

Invalid Argument why?
        295489 by: Miller, Terion
        295490 by: Ashley Sheridan
        295492 by: Kyle Smith
        295496 by: Martin Scotta

Re: Invalid Argument why? (RESOLVED)
        295493 by: Miller, Terion

Re: Sub Menu System?
        295494 by: Daevid Vincent
        295511 by: David Robley

Re: Add php.net to my browser search box
        295497 by: Michelle Konzack
        295504 by: Eric Butera
        295505 by: Daniel Brown

Characters causing problems in search strings?
        295498 by: Miller, Terion

Internal PHP caching methodology
        295499 by: Daniel Kolbo
        295501 by: Phpster
        295503 by: Eric Butera

Re: [HEADSUP] rsync going temporarily down
        295502 by: Daniel Brown
        295506 by: José Miguel Santibáñez A.
        295508 by: Derick Rethans

Re: php.net down?
        295507 by: Daniel Kolbo
        295509 by: Michael A. Peters
        295510 by: Daniel Brown

Bastien Koert wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 12:43 PM, Andrew Ballard<aball...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> [snip]

>>> I was wondering if that was possible.
>>>
>>> Thanks for the tip.
>>>
>>> Jim Lucas
>>>
>> That's what I like about this list. I wasn't totally sure it would
>> work myself, but I was pretty sure it would, and this was another one
>> of those posts that provided just enough prompting for me to actually
>> pop the code into Zend Studio where I could test it pretty quickly.
>> :-)
>>
>> Andrew
>>
>> --
>>

> another option is to wrap the array elements in curly braces
>
> printf('<a
> ,$row['address']);

No, that won't work.  The string that it is in, was created using single
quotes.  Therefor the array reference will never be looked at.  It will
simply print the actuall string, not the value associated to the array
reference.

Jim Lucas

U can try this:

function fNme($n){
        $tN=count($n=explode(' ',strtolower($n)));
        $nR='';

for($i=0;$i<$tN;$i++){if($i==0){$nR.=strlen($n[$i])>3?ucwords($n[$i]):$n[$i]
;}else{$nR.=strlen($n[$i])>3?' '.ucwords($n[$i]):' '.$n[$i];}}
        return $nR;
}

echo fNme('aaaaa aaa aaaaaa aa aaaa');

And also make an array inside this function for exceptions like 'vander' or
other words which the srtlen is > 3.

Zechim