php-general Digest 22 Feb 2010 15:12:04 -0000 Issue 6603

Re: Fun with Streams
        302249 by: Rene Veerman
        302250 by: Rene Veerman
        302251 by: Ford, Mike

help, please, understanding my problem
        302252 by: Stan

>http://www.bettina-attack.de/jonny/view.php/projects/php_writeexcel/
>And, hey, when the hell will the PHP developers implement a foreach loop which
>assigns the array values by reference??

+100!

(still reading the rest)

just curious, why did you choose to use it from behind a stream wrapper?

and sry, i have no exp with these beasts..

On Sun, Feb 21, 2010 at 11:03 PM, Matt Neimeyer <m...@neimeyer.org> wrote:
> I created a stream wrapper around the php_writeexcel library found at
> http://www.bettina-attack.de/jonny/view.php/projects/php_writeexcel/
>
> My code can be seen at http://www.pastebin.com/m7212eaa2
>
> I'm trying to add an option that will allow us to lower or uppercase
> the column headers we create by calling ftell on the Excel stream but
> when I do something like...
>
>   $xls = fopen("xlsfile://../data/measurables.xls","wb"); echo ftell($xls);
>
> ...I get 0 returned even though I've hard coded a return of 123 in my
> stream_tell function (which I did to see if my stream_tell was even
> being called).
>
> Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong or suggest another way to
> "communicate" into the stream wrapper that will be compatible with PHP
> 4 and 5 on OSX, Linux and Windows?
>
> Thanks
>
> Matt

Uh... s/when will/when did/

PHP 5 -- see www.php.net/foreach

Cheers!

Mike

 --
Mike Ford,
Electronic Information Developer, Libraries and Learning Innovation,

To view the terms under which this email is distributed, please go to
http://disclaimer.leedsmet.ac.uk/email.htm

I have a PHP page that has
 require_once("genMyOverlay.js.php");
 .
 .
 .
 echo "<body>";
 echo "</body>";

genMyOverlay.js.php contains: createDiv() (see below) that creates a <DIV
ID="mydiv"> and sets it up to overlay a portion of the wbe page and
doit()starts it off.

invoke the web page once and it works like it should.  invoke the web page a
second time (and thereafter until a new session) and it gets error:
 "doit is not defined"

view the source (at the client browser) and it is identical both (all) times

can anyone please help me understand what is happening?

genMyOverlay.js.php contains
 <script language="PHP">
  echo "<script language=\"JavaScript\">";
  echo "function createDiv()";
  echo " {";
   .
   .