php-general Digest 5 Apr 2010 12:58:41 -0000 Issue 6676

Constructor usage
        303818 by: Larry Garfield
        303819 by: Nathan Rixham
        303823 by: Adam Richardson
        303824 by: Paul M Foster
        303830 by: Larry Garfield

OO Design Formally
        303820 by: Daniel Kolbo
        303821 by: Adam Richardson

Re: Howto send command over ssh using sockets
        303822 by: Hans Åhlin
        303831 by: Radek Krejča
        303833 by: Bob McConnell

Re: Medical Task Force
        303825 by: Rene Veerman
        303826 by: Rene Veerman
        303828 by: Matty Sarro

Re: convert a string into an array
        303827 by: Rene Veerman
        303829 by: Nathan Rixham

unsigned chars
        303832 by: donald sullivan

Hi folks.  Somewhat philosophical question here.

I have heard, although not confirmed, that the trend in the Java world in the
past several years has been away from constructors.  That is, rather than
this:

class Foo {
  public void Foo(Object a, Object b, Object c) {}
}

Foo f = new Foo(a, b, c);

The preference is now for this:

class Foo {
  public void setA(Object a) {}
  public void setB(Object b) {}
  public void setC(Object c) {}
}

Foo f = new Foo(a, b, c);
f.setA(a);
f.setB(b);
f.setC(c);

I suppose there is some logic there when working with factories, which you
should be doing in general.  However, I don't know if that makes the same
degree of sense in PHP, even though the OO models are quite similar.

So, I'll throw the question out.  Who uses example 1 above vs. example 2 when
writing dependency-injection-based OOP?  Why?  What trade-offs have you
encountered, and was it worth it?

--Larry Garfield

Larry Garfield wrote:
> Hi folks.  Somewhat philosophical question here.
>
> I have heard, although not confirmed, that the trend in the Java world in the
> past several years has been away from constructors.  That is, rather than
> this:
>
> class Foo {
>   public void Foo(Object a, Object b, Object c) {}
> }
>
> Foo f = new Foo(a, b, c);
>
> The preference is now for this:
>
> class Foo {
>   public void setA(Object a) {}
>   public void setB(Object b) {}
>   public void setC(Object c) {}
> }
>
> Foo f = new Foo(a, b, c);
> f.setA(a);
> f.setB(b);
> f.setC(c);
>
> I suppose there is some logic there when working with factories, which you
> should be doing in general.  However, I don't know if that makes the same
> degree of sense in PHP, even though the OO models are quite similar.
>
> So, I'll throw the question out.  Who uses example 1 above vs. example 2 when
> writing dependency-injection-based OOP?  Why?  What trade-offs have you
> encountered, and was it worth it?

Hi Larry,

In the Java world a huge reason is because Classes have to be able to be
instantiated with no arguments in order to reverse engineered w/ JAXB so
that the classes can be used for web services (and wsdl's created etc).
Thus most of them have no arguments.

Personally I also find it good practise to instantiate with no arguments
and then set the state of the instance by calling setters.

A nice way around it is to create static methods which instantiate the
class w/ a protected or private constructor.

class Foo
{
  private $a;

  private function __construct() {}

  public function setA( $a )
  {
    $this->a = $a;
  }

  public static function instantiateWithASet( $a )
  {
    $temp = new self;
    $temp->setA( $a );
    return $temp;

it's almost overloading lol.

Regards!

On Sun, Apr 4, 2010 at 6:36 PM, Larry Garfield <la...@garfieldtech.com>wrote:

> Hi folks.  Somewhat philosophical question here.
>
> I have heard, although not confirmed, that the trend in the Java world in
> the
> past several years has been away from constructors.  That is, rather than
> this:
>
> class Foo {
>  public void Foo(Object a, Object b, Object c) {}
> }
>
> Foo f = new Foo(a, b, c);
>
> The preference is now for this:
>
> class Foo {
>  public void setA(Object a) {}
>  public void setB(Object b) {}
>  public void setC(Object c) {}
> }
>
> Foo f = new Foo(a, b, c);
> f.setA(a);
> f.setB(b);
> f.setC(c);
>
> I suppose there is some logic there when working with factories, which you
> should be doing in general.  However, I don't know if that makes the same
> degree of sense in PHP, even though the OO models are quite similar.
>
> So, I'll throw the question out.  Who uses example 1 above vs. example 2
> when
> writing dependency-injection-based OOP?  Why?  What trade-offs have you
> encountered, and was it worth it?
>
> --Larry Garfield

That's an interesting question to ponder, Larry.

In some ways, working with a constructor requires a greater amount of
knowledge concerning the object.

Perhaps I'm the service that's responsible for injecting the appropriate DB
object.  I don't care about the Auth object, nor do I care about Logging
object to be injected.  I only care about providing the DB object.  If the
Foo object implements an interface (e.g., setDBObject(DBObject dbo)), I can
be handed any object with the interface, and perform the injection, no
questions asked.  The same technique can be carried out for the Auth object
and logging object.  Carried out far enough, and you can work up a nice IoC
structure that doesn't even blink when you change the object by adding
another instance variable that is to be injected.  I wouldn't have to touch
any *existing* code to accommodate these changes.

However, when you consider the constructor example, you have to interlace
your code in such a way that there's a point where you know:

   - All of the objects that Foo expects in the constructor, and what the
   order is.
   - Which instance of each object to send for this particular instance of
   Foo.

In this situation (where I'm using the constructor), I much more likely to
have to rework existing code to accommodate the changes in the object.

I do believe you are correct, there does seem to be a trend that way in Java
and C# (although some of C#'s syntactic sugar does offer a couple other
options.)

That said, I'll admit I've been leaning in the other way for the past year
since being exposed to some functional programming paradigms.  I've actually
been using more constructors in C# and Java and PHP to create immutable
objects (private instance vars and private setters, but public getters.)
 Although it does require more knowledge of the underlying object structure
in surrounding code, it also affords me immutability, which has it's own
merits.

Just my OPINIONS ;)

Adam

--
Nephtali:  PHP web framework that functions beautifully
http://nephtaliproject.com

On Sun, Apr 04, 2010 at 05:36:23PM -0500, Larry Garfield wrote:

> Hi folks.  Somewhat philosophical question here.
>
> I have heard, although not confirmed, that the trend in the Java world in the
> past several years has been away from constructors.  That is, rather than
> this:
>
> class Foo {
>   public void Foo(Object a, Object b, Object c) {}
> }
>
> Foo f = new Foo(a, b, c);
>
> The preference is now for this:
>
> class Foo {
>   public void setA(Object a) {}
>   public void setB(Object b) {}
>   public void setC(Object c) {}
> }
>
> Foo f = new Foo(a, b, c);
> f.setA(a);
> f.setB(b);
> f.setC(c);
>
> I suppose there is some logic there when working with factories, which you
> should be doing in general.  However, I don't know if that makes the same
> degree of sense in PHP, even though the OO models are quite similar.
>
> So, I'll throw the question out.  Who uses example 1 above vs. example 2 when
> writing dependency-injection-based OOP?  Why?  What trade-offs have you
> encountered, and was it worth it?

One problem I have with "parameterless constructors" is this: When you
rely on setters to shape your object rather than the constructor, your
other methods cannot assume the object is in proper shape to be usable.
There's no guarantee the programmer won't forget one of the vital
setters. So each method in the object must test to ensure the object can
actually be used properly. This isn't a deal-breaker, but it seems like
an awfully unnecessary piece of additional code which must be replicated
in each method. (Naturally, this is moot where the class doesn't depend
on any outside objects or parameters to operate.)

By the way, I've found this to be a problem in C++ as well. I personally
prefer not to have to pass parameters to a constructor, but even in C++,
doing so seems a simpler solution than relying on the programmer to
remember to call the proper setters.

I've found that many of my classes require other classes in order to
operate. Moreover, they must be instantiated in the proper order, or
things fall apart. So I took the step of creating my own "dependency
injection instantiator" class which handles all this for me. Classes
with dependencies typically are specified so that the requisite objects
are passed to the constructor (the simplest way). Each class which is
managed by the DII is registered first, with whatever parameter or
object dependencies needed. Then the DII's "instantiate()" method is
called as needed for each object. The DII class handles instantiating
objects in the proper order and with the proper dependencies. The
programmer's job is made much simpler.

Paul

--
Paul M. Foster

On Sunday 04 April 2010 09:21:28 pm Paul M Foster wrote:

> > So, I'll throw the question out.  Who uses example 1 above vs. example 2
> > when writing dependency-injection-based OOP?  Why?  What trade-offs have
> > you encountered, and was it worth it?
>
> One problem I have with "parameterless constructors" is this: When you
> rely on setters to shape your object rather than the constructor, your
> other methods cannot assume the object is in proper shape to be usable.
> There's no guarantee the programmer won't forget one of the vital
> setters. So each method in the object must test to ensure the object can
> actually be used properly. This isn't a deal-breaker, but it seems like
> an awfully unnecessary piece of additional code which must be replicated
> in each method. (Naturally, this is moot where the class doesn't depend
> on any outside objects or parameters to operate.)

Yeah, I tend toward using constructors for injection for the same reason: That
way I always know for sure that if I have an object, it's "complete".  I defer
most object instantiation to factories anyway, so in practice it's not a huge
issue for me.

> I've found that many of my classes require other classes in order to
> operate. Moreover, they must be instantiated in the proper order, or
> things fall apart. So I took the step of creating my own "dependency
> injection instantiator" class which handles all this for me. Classes
> with dependencies typically are specified so that the requisite objects
> are passed to the constructor (the simplest way). Each class which is
> managed by the DII is registered first, with whatever parameter or
> object dependencies needed. Then the DII's "instantiate()" method is
> called as needed for each object. The DII class handles instantiating
> objects in the proper order and with the proper dependencies. The
> programmer's job is made much simpler.
>
> Paul

Sounds overly complicated, but whatever works. :-)  In my experience so far I
find that a well-designed factory is sufficient, but it may not be in larger or
more involved OO frameworks than I've used to date.

--Larry Garfield

Hello PHPers,

I've been doing the programming thing for about 10 years now: amateur
side gigs turned into ten years pretty fast.  I think i have a fairly
strong sense of object oriented design, data modeling, etc...  However,
sometimes I wish I had a stronger academic understanding of the design /
planning phase of new systems.  Then I could be absolutely certain my
design is correct before investing mega $ and time into the
implementation phase.  I think I'd save myself a lot of time and
frustration if I could improve my designs before I started
coding...obvious right?

Well, i've read the wikis, the forums, the blogs, etc...  I think i need
a text book.  I'm looking for an OO design methodology recommendations
which focuses on churning out reuseable / flexible deliverables.

I'm not afraid of getting all academic about it either.  It is about
time I really got down into the nitty gritty of "proper" OO design methods.

I'd appreciate any recommendations as for improving my OO design
approach/methodology.

Thanks,
dK
`

On Sun, Apr 4, 2010 at 8:37 PM, Daniel Kolbo <kolb0...@umn.edu> wrote:

> Hello PHPers,
>
> I've been doing the programming thing for about 10 years now: amateur
> side gigs turned into ten years pretty fast.  I think i have a fairly
> strong sense of object oriented design, data modeling, etc...  However,
> sometimes I wish I had a stronger academic understanding of the design /
> planning phase of new systems.  Then I could be absolutely certain my
> design is correct before investing mega $ and time into the
> implementation phase.  I think I'd save myself a lot of time and
> frustration if I could improve my designs before I started
> coding...obvious right?
>
> Well, i've read the wikis, the forums, the blogs, etc...  I think i need
> a text book.  I'm looking for an OO design methodology recommendations
> which focuses on churning out reuseable / flexible deliverables.
>
> I'm not afraid of getting all academic about it either.  It is about
> time I really got down into the nitty gritty of "proper" OO design methods.
>
> I'd appreciate any recommendations as for improving my OO design
> approach/methodology.
>
> Thanks,
> dK
> `

*Nice books for all skill levels, but not focused on PHP (still applicable)
:*
*
*
http://www.amazon.com/Head-First-Object-Oriented-Analysis-Design/dp/0596008678/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1270428919&sr=8-1

http://www.amazon.com/First-Design-Patterns-Elisabeth-Freeman/dp/0596007124/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1270428919&sr=8-3

*Nice PHP-specific books (very practical):*
*
*
http://www.amazon.com/PHP-Action-Objects-Design-Agility/dp/1932394753/ref=sr_1_24?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1270429041&sr=1-24

http://www.amazon.com/Pro-PHP-Patterns-Frameworks-Testing/dp/1590598199/ref=sr_1_17?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1270429041&sr=1-17

*More Academic*:

http://www.amazon.com/Patterns-Enterprise-Application-Architecture-Martin/dp/0321127420/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1270429181&sr=1-1

*Functional Bliss (now PHP 5.3 offers more functional programming
capabilities, so it's nice to see how other languages leverage the paradigm
;):*

http://www.amazon.com/Practical-Common-Lisp-Peter-Seibel/dp/1590592395/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1270429493&sr=1-1

http://www.amazon.com/Programming-Erlang-Software-Concurrent-World/dp/193435600X/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1270429533&sr=1-2

There are others, but I limited my suggestions to books I own.

Adam

--
Nephtali:  PHP web framework that functions beautifully
http://nephtaliproject.com

Instead of ssh, you could use telnet to connect to the Cisco router
(which incidentally runs on port 23, but is likely to be disabled on
the cisco router, unless you have a pre-SSH capable IOS running on it
(like my old cisco crap :( ) ), because i strongly doubt you have
written or are willing to write your own encryption libraries for this
project, you might also want to read IETF RFC 854
[http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc854] about the telnet protocol, as you
are writing your own client, and not using a pre-made one, judging
from your script.
Or if you do not like the idea of sending clear-text passwords to the
router, you might want to learn about proc_open() (or popen()) and use
the native ssh utility that most likely is present on the server,
taking great care to READ THE MANUAL for the ssh command, because you
most likely do _not_ want it to spit out ANSI-escapes to you script.

Kind regards from
Johan Lidström
Örnsköldsvik, Sweden
irc://irc.freenode.net/Dr_Kao
frozendude+php...@gmail.com

P.S. currently borrowing a friends account.

2010/4/5 Radek Krejča <radek.kre...@starnet.cz>:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying send command to remote host over ssh with sockets. But I need to
> set up username/password. I am trying to modify this script (from www.php.net
> - function fsockopen), but I dont know, where set username/password because I
> got this message:
> Bad protocol version identification 'password' from ip
>
> Library ssh2 is not currentu userfull for me, because I am not admin of
> server.
>
> Thank you
> Radek
>

> <?php
> /************************************************************
> * Author: Richard Lajaunie
> * Mail : richard.lajau...@cote-azur.cci.fr
> *
> * subject : this script retreive all mac-addresses on all ports
> * of a Cisco 3548 Switch by a telnet connection
> *
> * base on the script by: xbensemhoun at t-systems dot fr on the same page
> **************************************************************/
>
> if ( array_key_exists(1, $argv) ){
>   $cfgServer = $argv[1];
> }else{
>   echo "ex: 'php test.php 10.0.0.0' \n";
>   exit;
> }
>
> $cfgPort    = 23;                //port, 22 if SSH
> $cfgTimeOut = 10;
>
> $usenet = fsockopen($cfgServer, $cfgPort, $errno, $errstr), $cfgTimeOut);
>
> if(!$usenet){
>       echo "Connexion failed\n";
>       exit();
> }else{
>       echo "Connected\n";
>       fputs ($usenet, "password\r\n");
>       fputs ($usenet, "en\r\n");
>       fputs ($usenet, "password\r\n");
>       fputs ($usenet, "sh mac-address-table\r\n");
>       fputs ($usenet, " "); // this space bar is this for long output
>
>       // this skip non essential text
>       $j = 0;
>       while ($j<16){
>       fgets($usenet, 128);
>       $j++;
>       }
>   stream_set_timeout($usenet, 2); // set the timeout for the fgets
>   $j = 0;
>       while (!feof($usenet)){
>       $ret = fgets($usenet, 128);
>       $ret = str_replace("\r", '', $ret);
>       $ret = str_replace("\n", "", $ret);
>       if  (ereg("FastEthernet", $ret)){
>           echo "$ret \n";
>       }
>       if (ereg('--More--', $ret) ){
>           fputs ($usenet, " "); // for following page
> [...]

Hello,

thank you for response, more in you text:

Instead of ssh, you could use telnet to connect to the Cisco router
(which incidentally runs on port 23, but is likely to be disabled on

I want to use my script against FreeBSD router and against RouterOS so I need
ssh. I can use system function to call ssh command, but I can try it over php
tools.

Or if you do not like the idea of sending clear-text passwords to the
router, you might want to learn about proc_open() (or popen()) and use
the native ssh utility that most likely is present on the server,
taking great care to READ THE MANUAL for the ssh command, because you
most likely do _not_ want it to spit out ANSI-escapes to you script.

It will be probably better way than system function. If I fail with using
sockets I use this. Thank you very much.

Radek

From: Radek Krejca

> I am trying send command to remote host over ssh with sockets. But
> I need to set up username/password. I am trying to modify this script
> (from www.php.net - function fsockopen), but I dont know, where set
> username/password because I got this message:
> Bad protocol version identification 'password' from ip
>
> Library ssh2 is not currentu userfull for me, because I am not
> admin of server.

> <?php
> /************************************************************
> * Author: Richard Lajaunie
> * Mail : richard.lajau...@cote-azur.cci.fr
> *
> * subject : this script retreive all mac-addresses on all ports
> * of a Cisco 3548 Switch by a telnet connection
> *
> * base on the script by: xbensemhoun at t-systems dot fr on the same
page
> **************************************************************/
>
> if ( array_key_exists(1, $argv) ){
>    $cfgServer = $argv[1];
> }else{
>    echo "ex: 'php test.php 10.0.0.0' \n";
>    exit;
> }
>
> $cfgPort    = 23;                //port, 22 if SSH
> $cfgTimeOut = 10;
>
> $usenet = fsockopen($cfgServer, $cfgPort, $errno, $errstr),
$cfgTimeOut);

> if(!$usenet){
>        echo "Connexion failed\n";
>        exit();
> }else{
>        echo "Connected\n";
>        fputs ($usenet, "password\r\n");
>        fputs ($usenet, "en\r\n");
>        fputs ($usenet, "password\r\n");
>        fputs ($usenet, "sh mac-address-table\r\n");
>        fputs ($usenet, " "); // this space bar is this for long output

Well, in the first place, you don't simply send a series of words to the
other end after opening the connection. Most protocols define a
conversation that happens between the two ends of a new connection. So
you have to wait for the server to send you a welcome message with a
prompt and reply to that. Then wait for the next prompt and reply to it.
So instead of just blasting out these strings, you need a receive loop
and parser to interpret what the server is saying to you. Once you know
what it says at each step you can decide how to respond.

SSH adds another layer in front of this to select key exchanges,
ciphers, hashes, etc. You don't want to write an SSH client. It can take
days just to read and understand the protocol definition.

A few minutes on Google should produce some useable examples of clients
for various protocols. It shouldn't take much work to read a basic
Telnet client written in Perl and transpose it into PHP.

Bob McConnell

hello world :)

yea, i have some exp with coding and medical science too..

i'm not a packager of any ubuntu "software center" stuff, but i have
built and released open source software before..
it's usually stored at http://mediabeez.ws/ but the computer that's
running on has crashed and acted very very weirdly ("too often in the
last minute / hour / day / did-that-same-weirdness-about-a-week-ago
aswell")..

so mediabeez.ws will be back up, and to prove that i wrote
htmlMicroscope, check the php-general mailinglist for php-coders.
keyword "htmlMicroscope". A working copy of that can be found on
google code too.

If you have any serious, non personal computer related issues or
serverpark issues, then i'm willing to be invited to a mailinglist of
yours where despite me not being on the ubuntu-dev or debian-dev
teams, maybe i can occasionally provide a small bit of advice here and
there. but don't expect me to make descisions for groups of other
living humans or whatever they think "is going on".
i'm not a priest / politician / leader-type. unless ABSOLUTELY
necessary... if u know what i mean.

ciao for now ppl ;)

On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 11:32 PM, Sascha 'saigkill' Manns
<samann...@directbox.com> wrote:
> Hello Mates,
>
> warm Greetings from the openSUSE Community.
> We all knowing that we have a lack of Software from Medical needs
> (Medicine Doctors or Clinics).
> So we (the openSUSE, Fedora and Debian Developers) have founded an
> Special Task Force for building new Packages with Medical needs. We
> trying to share our Experience and Patches.
> So we are pleased to invite the Ubuntu Project, to be a part of this
> Task Force.
> If you're an Packager or interested in learning that, you're welcome.
> Please answer to this List.
>
> Have a nice evening...
> --
> Sincerely yours
>
> Sascha Manns
> openSUSE Community & Support Agent
> openSUSE Marketing Team
>
> Blog: http://saigkill.wordpress.com
>
> Web: http://www.open-slx.de (openSUSE Box Support German)
> Web: http://www.open-slx.com (openSUSE Box Support English)

hey, i did not fake that cc header on my last mail. i just hit
reply-all and added php-general because i find it significant for this
list too..

and guys, i'm very very sorry to have ever used "walk over to
you"-language against fellow programmers,

i'll try to refrain from such behaviour in the future, but i was very
stressed already that week.
and i have reason to fear more stress in coming weeks, but i'll be fine..

anyways, i wont be techposting for a while i think. mediabeez.ws will
stay offline for months maybe 8 months even...

From: Sascha 'saigkill' Manns <samann...@directbox.com>
Date: Fri, Apr 2, 2010 at 1:33 PM
To: ubuntu-devel-disc...@lists.ubuntu.com, schultz.patr...@gmail.com
Cc: ubuntu-devel-discuss-boun...@lists.ubuntu.com

Am Freitag, 2. April 2010 02:14:15 wrote schultz.patr...@gmail.com:
> I would also be interested; I currently write software for RIS/PACS
> machines.
>
> Is there a website with more information?
>
> Regards,
> Patrick Schultz

Hello Mates, > > > > warm ...

opensuse-medical+subscr...@opensuse.org<opensuse-medical%2bsubscr...@opensuse.org>
)
fedora-medical (subscribe
https://fedorahosted.org/mailman/listinfo/medical-sig)
debian-med (subscribe http://lists.debian.org/debian-med/)

All from the Task Force has subscribed all that Mailinglists.

Maybe it is possible to create an Medical Subproject in Ubuntu with an
own Maillinglist.

Have a nice day :-)

-- Sincerely yours Sascha Manns openSUSE Community & Support Agent openSUSE
Marketing Team Blog: ...

yea i'm not the only one with those type of problems. sometimes times
slows down in my room so much not even my speakers sound normal
anymore; equipment that doesn't work (despite being crappy and known
by it's patterns of refusal to work; still EXTRA abnormal since about
a week or so)...

it sounds like the "who's reading my passwords with me while i type 'm
in... === 'is there anyone looking over my shoulder despite no living
humans even in my entire properly locked room (with strong walls)'....

the idea here is; take a break. work on a different project for a week
or so, but the best idea is; move around through the country side and
realize that your car will get gas at every gasstation... check your
atm cards, but not your online banking account status, just to buy a
pack of cigarettes with an atm card. and then, buy not 1 or 2 packs of
your favorite smokes(cigarettes in this case), but buy 10 packs with
that card, and make sure you have enough good old cash that you know
to be truely valid (coins are best) to get just "2 large packs of
cigarettes"..

things like that will give you the confidence you need to proceed on
your project i think..

the #1 rule i use (when you dont yet have any need for a #0 rule or a
#-1 rule (dont add those lightly and never on a whim or hope of being
saved from death in the next 5 minutes)) is: truely honest living
humans should never use the same type of lie construct in the same
type of situation for the second time within at least 1 to 3 weeks..
but hey, necessity may require you to break any rule...

rules? only guidelines are usefull ;) (pirates of the caribean #1 movie)

On Sat, Apr 3, 2010 at 1:05 AM, Andre Polykanine <an...@oire.org> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> It's quite simple but I'm still stuck.
> What I need is the following: I have an array as a parameter of my
> custom function. However, I'd like to allow users to enter a string
> instead of an array. In this case (if the parameter is a string), it
> must be replaced with an array containing only one item - actually,
> that string.
> What I'm doing gives me (presumably) errors;
> function Send ($tonames, $toemails, $subject, $message) {
> if ((!is_array($tonames)) || (!is_array($toemails))) {
> $tonames[]=$tonames;
> $toemails[]=$toemails;
> }
>
> I can't give the new array a new name since I address it further in a
> loop as my function's parameter... hope you understand what I'm
> saying)
> Thanks!
>
> --
> With best regards from Ukraine,
> Andre
> Http://oire.org/ - The Fantasy blogs of Oire
> Skype: Francophile; Wlm&MSN: arthaelon @ yandex.ru; Jabber: arthaelon @
> jabber.org
> Yahoo! messenger: andre.polykanine; ICQ: 191749952
> Twitter: http://twitter.com/m_elensule

you sure you're only smoking cigarettes?

has to be one of the most random replies to any php thread I've ever
seen - awesome!

regards

Rene Veerman wrote:
> [...]
>> that string.
>> What I'm doing gives me (presumably) errors;
>> function Send ($tonames, $toemails, $subject, $message) {
>> if ((!is_array($tonames)) || (!is_array($toemails))) {
>> $tonames[]=$tonames;
>> $toemails[]=$toemails;
>> }
>>
>> I can't give the new array a new name since I address it further in a
>> loop as my function's parameter... hope you understand what I'm
>> saying)
>> Thanks!
>>
>> --
>> With best regards from Ukraine,
>> Andre
>> Http://oire.org/ - The Fantasy blogs of Oire
>> Skype: Francophile; Wlm&MSN: arthaelon @ yandex.ru; Jabber: arthaelon @
>> jabber.org
>> Yahoo! messenger: andre.polykanine; ICQ: 191749952

Hello,

is it possible to return unsigned chars from an extension?
I have looked and cant find anything on it, or maybe i am looking for the wrong
keywords.

Thanks