php-general Digest 27 Jun 2010 11:20:52 -0000 Issue 6818

Re: Another parse problem
        306456 by: tedd

Problem with SOAP and authentication? SoapFault exception: [HTTP] Unauthorized
        306457 by: robert mena

mysql case statement
        306458 by: Tanel Tammik

Modifying Existing Text File From PHP Is Not Working
        306459 by: Alice Wei

At 10:16 PM -0400 6/16/10, Daniel Brown wrote:
I'm hoping Tedd will share his as well.

Daniel:

I'm embarrassed to show it -- it's not as slick and condensed as your's and Rob's

http://www.webbytedd.com/b3/parse-domain-collective/

Please be kind.

However, my code was to do something specific in my mind, namely to pull out the domains that have specific TLD the user wants, reduce the domains to their basic form (no sub domains), strip-out any possible gremlins from the input text, and return no duplicates. I am NOT saying that yours did anything different -- I'm just saying that was *my* intent.

Cheers,

tedd

PS: I'm back from a long stretch of seminars on "Asset Protection". I guess that my asset needs protecting. In any event, I now know more about the relationships between Corporation, LLC, LP, Trust, and other such fun matters than anyone should know.

--
-------

Hi,

I am trying to access a webservice using php's soapclient but I keep getting
the error SoapFault exception: [HTTP] Unauthorized

If I try using a web browser I can authenticate using the same credentials
used by the php code.

I've searched but the only mention that I found led to a 'won't fix' bug
registered to php 5.1.6.  I am using 5.2.10.

Any ideas of what may be causing this?  Is there a workaround?

Regards.

Hello,

how to select only if value is present?

    $query = $db->query("select menus.id, menus.name,
      case
        when panels.id is not null then '1'
        end as hiddenpanel

    from " . \DB_MENUS . " as menus
      left join " . \DB_HIDDENPANELS . " as panels on (menus.id =
panels.menu_id)
    where menus.id='" . (int)$id . "'
    ");

i would like to select hiddenpanel only if there is a corresponding value in
DB_HIDDENPANELS. At the moment i get NULL if there is no corresponding value
in HIDDENPANELS table!

Br
Tanel

Hi,

I have the code as in the following:

<?php

$name= "Test";
$phone= "123-456-7890";
$email = "myem...@mymail.com";
$comments = "Test Only";

"</phone>\n<email>".
          $email . "</email>\n<comments>" .  $comments .
"</comments>\n</message>";

//If file exists. append, otherwise create
$file = "messages.xml";
$fh = fopen($file,"a");
$lines = file($file);

//Output a line of the file until the end is reached
foreach($lines as $line) {

   if (trim($line) == "<messages>") {

    $line = "<messages>" . $string; // If string, change it.
    echo $line . "<br>";
    fwrite($fh, $line);

   }
   else {

    // If not don't write anything
   echo $line . "<br>";

   }
  fclose($file); // Close the file.
  }
?>

For some reason, it is writing out the lines, but it is not f-writing to the
file. Here is the file that is meant to be edited:

<messages>
<message>
<name>Me</name>
<phone>123-456-7890</phone>
<email>t...@test.com</email>
<comments>This is my message board!</comments>
</message>
</messages>

Have I missed something here? How come the file cannot perform fwrite actions?

Thanks for your help.