php-general Digest 8 Nov 2010 11:29:56 -0000 Issue 7027

Re: Shopping cart question
        309367 by: Nathan Nobbe

Re: Newbie looking for a project
        309368 by: Ashim Kapoor

On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 5:51 PM, Tommy Pham <tommy...@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]

I've finally had a few minutes to look around Opencart.  the framework is
custom, and doesn't appear to be as robust as some of the more popular ones
I've come to enjoy, but there is a silver lining...

I still can't say whether I'll like it or not, but after just digging around
for a bit, it already feels more approachable than Magento.  My hope is I
can hop in and wire this up to associate its schema to a third party
inventory and get order integration in place as well.

I've spent a little time digging into Magento, and while it seems do-able,
the completion date is no where in sight.

nice tip Jack!

-nathan

Dear Tedd,

I have read one php book cover to cover, I wanted to contribute to projects
for 2 reasons:-

1. Someone would benefit from the app.
2. I would learn more by interacting with experienced people.

Writing apps on my own is fun but it's fruit is only for me to benefit
from,but yes if nothing else I should do that.

Many thanks for your time,
Ashim.