php-general Digest 27 Dec 2011 01:37:31 -0000 Issue 7624

Re: Alternative session control system
        316097 by: Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis
        316100 by: Bastien
        316103 by: Ashley Sheridan

[php] static html search engine for php static html site
        316098 by: HELP LINE
        316099 by: Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis
        316101 by: HELP LINE
        316102 by: Ashley Sheridan
        316104 by: HELP LINE
        316105 by: Ashley Sheridan
        316107 by: HELP LINE

Way to output HTML on professional websites
        316106 by: Florian Müller

On Mon, Dec 26, 2011 at 12:04 PM, Francisco M. Marzoa Alonso
<franci...@marzoa.com> wrote:
> I need an alternative session control system different from the PHP
> standard one, that does not need to use the headers, because it's for a
> series of scripts that will be accessed through AJAX javascript code
> inserted in different places of a web page which headers I do not
> control, so I cannot do an start_session before headers sent or
> setcookies neither.

Eh? Why can't you just use cookies on the requests and responses to
the server you do control?

AJAX implies that there are requests going to your server; if that's
not the case, then I think we need a much clear description of your
setup.

--
Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis

On 2011-12-26, at 7:04 AM, "Francisco M. Marzoa Alonso" <franci...@marzoa.com>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I need an alternative session control system different from the PHP
> standard one, that does not need to use the headers, because it's for a
> series of scripts that will be accessed through AJAX javascript code
> inserted in different places of a web page which headers I do not
> control, so I cannot do an start_session before headers sent or
> setcookies neither.
>
> I have an idea on how to solve this, based on client IP, but if there is
> something done yet, I do not want to reinvent the wheel from scratch.
>
> Thanks a lot in advance,

The initial page load will contain some HTML and the js code needed for the app
to work. This is the perfect place to launch the session and set the session
cookie and the standard HTML headers. Ajax will only start after that initial
page load and won't affect the first time the app is accessed

Bastien Koert

Bastien <phps...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On 2011-12-26, at 7:04 AM, "Francisco M. Marzoa Alonso"
><franci...@marzoa.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I need an alternative session control system different from the PHP
>> standard one, that does not need to use the headers, because it's for
>> series of scripts that will be accessed through AJAX javascript code
>> inserted in different places of a web page which headers I do not
>> control, so I cannot do an start_session before headers sent or
>> setcookies neither.
>>
>> I have an idea on how to solve this, based on client IP, but if there
>is
>> something done yet, I do not want to reinvent the wheel from scratch.
>>
>> Thanks a lot in advance,
>>
>> --
>>

>The initial page load will contain some HTML and the js code needed for
>the app to work. This is the perfect place to launch the session and
>set the session cookie and the standard HTML headers. Ajax will only
>start after that initial page load and won't affect the first time the
>app is accessed
>
>Bastien Koert
>--

Also, won't the session headers get passed automatically by javascript when it
makes an ajax call? I know embedded plugins (media players, flash, etc) won't,
but the browser should for everything it has control of.

Thanks,
Ash
http://ashleysheridan.co.uk

Does any know of a better static search engine that i can integrate to my
static php html site. it should not be Google or yahoo bing.

thanks
Izod duwa

On Mon, Dec 26, 2011 at 1:17 PM, HELP LINE <izod...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Does any know of a better static search engine that i can integrate to my
> static php html site. it should not be Google or yahoo bing.

A search engine cannot itself be static, since it has to process
variable user input. Though I guess you could generate its indexes as
part of a static build process.

Solr and Sphinx would be examples of FOSS search engines you could use:

http://lucene.apache.org/solr/

http://sphinxsearch.com/

--
Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis

The site content is not using any database but hardcoded on template html
and it's runing on a share hosting. But i need the option where user should
be able to search the site content..

--
www.bemycandy.com

HELP LINE <izod...@gmail.com> wrote:

>The site content is not using any database but hardcoded on template
>html
>and it's runing on a share hosting. But i need the option where user
>should
>be able to search the site content..
>
>On Mon, Dec 26, 2011 at 2:33 PM, Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis <
>bhawkesle...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Dec 26, 2011 at 1:17 PM, HELP LINE <izod...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Does any know of a better static search engine that i can integrate
>to my
>> > static php html site. it should not be Google or yahoo bing.
>>
>> A search engine cannot itself be static, since it has to process
>> variable user input. Though I guess you could generate its indexes as
>> part of a static build process.
>>
>> Solr and Sphinx would be examples of FOSS search engines you could
>use:
>>
>> http://lucene.apache.org/solr/
>>
>> http://sphinxsearch.com/
>>
>> --
>> Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis
>>

>--
>www.bemycandy.com

Please try not to top post!

How are the html files created? I assume that the php is creating actual html
files, as that's the next most likely option if content isn't coming from the
database. Is it from a cms, and if so, is it a custom one or something that's
more mainstream?

Thanks,
Ash
http://ashleysheridan.co.uk

The site is not a cms site but static html site,  I just want to add search
option to it but needs an alternative  to google site search integration. i
cant not use solr because its runing on a share hosting.

thanks

Izo duwa <izod...@gmail.com> wrote:

>The site is not a cms site but static html site,  I just want to add
>search
>option to it but needs an alternative  to google site search
>integration. i
>cant not use solr because its runing on a share hosting.
>
>thanks
>
>On Mon, Dec 26, 2011 at 9:07 PM, Ashley Sheridan
><a...@ashleysheridan.co.uk>wrote:
>

>> HELP LINE <izod...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> >The site content is not using any database but hardcoded on template
>> >html
>> >and it's runing on a share hosting. But i need the option where user
>> >should
>> >be able to search the site content..

>integrate
>> >to my

>as

>> >use:

>> >--
>> >www.bemycandy.com
>>
>> Please try not to top post!
>>
>> How are the html files created? I assume that the php is creating
>actual
>> html files, as that's the next most likely option if content isn't
>coming
>> from the database. Is it from a cms, and if so, is it a custom one or
>> something that's more mainstream?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Ash
>> http://ashleysheridan.co.uk

Please don't top post.

What part of the site is in php, or is it only that you want to use php for the
search functionality?

What have you got so far? Have you written any code, searched for any pre-made
solutions? Have you even thought how you want the search to work, I.e. order of
results, will it ignore certain words, etc?

Thanks,
Ash
http://ashleysheridan.co.uk

the whole site is in php and all content should be searchable. I have tried
zoom site search [http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/] but the result was not
good.   I just need a simple site search functionality that I can install
on a share hosting. it should be able to serach through the whole site
files and index it.  Do you know you of any pre-made solutions that works?

thanks

On Mon, Dec 26, 2011 at 11:32 PM, Ashley Sheridan
<a...@ashleysheridan.co.uk>wrote:

> Izo duwa <izod...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >The site is not a cms site but static html site,  I just want to add
> >search
> >option to it but needs an alternative  to google site search
> >integration. i
> >cant not use solr because its runing on a share hosting.
> >
> >thanks
> >
> >On Mon, Dec 26, 2011 at 9:07 PM, Ashley Sheridan
> ><a...@ashleysheridan.co.uk>wrote:

> >integrate

> >as

> >> Please try not to top post!
> >>
> >> How are the html files created? I assume that the php is creating
> >actual
> >> html files, as that's the next most likely option if content isn't
> >coming
> >> from the database. Is it from a cms, and if so, is it a custom one or
> >> something that's more mainstream?
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Ash
> >> http://ashleysheridan.co.uk
> >>

> Please don't top post.
>
> What part of the site is in php, or is it only that you want to use php
> for the search functionality?
>
> What have you got so far? Have you written any code, searched for any
> pre-made solutions? Have you even thought how you want the search to work,
> I.e. order of results, will it ignore certain words, etc?
>
> Thanks,
> Ash
> http://ashleysheridan.co.uk

Hi guys
Just a little question: I've programmed some nice little websites up to 25'000
lines of code.
Now if I see some bigger websites just as facebook and so on, how are they
printing their website out?
Does it work like
    <?php    echo "<html><head>...";    ?>
or do they output it like
    <?php        if (true) {    ?>        <body>
        </head>    <?php        }    ?>
Or is the code even generated or gotten from a database and evaluated?
How does the website itself gets printet on really professional websites?
Thanks for answer!
Flo
Florian Müller