php-general Digest 2 Jan 2012 22:50:22 -0000 Issue 7633

Re: PHP 5.3.2 max_execution_time
        316154 by: Matijn Woudt
        316155 by: Chris Tapp
        316156 by: Matijn Woudt
        316157 by: Chris Tapp

Re: More Error Reporting Problems
        316158 by: Marco Behnke

On Mon, Jan 2, 2012 at 10:21 AM, Chris Tapp <opensou...@keylevel.com> wrote:

> This really does seem to be an execution time issue, as shown by the Apache
> error log entry.
>
> Chris

Are you sure you've checked every possible place for Apache config
files? Most distro's have /etc/apache2/httpd.conf, but also
/etc/apache2/conf.d/* and the ones for each virtual host (mine are at
/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/*). You can also set php settings in
.htaccess files.

Matijn

On 2 Jan 2012, at 13:53, Matijn Woudt wrote:

On Mon, Jan 2, 2012 at 10:21 AM, Chris Tapp <opensou...@keylevel.com> wrote:

This really does seem to be an execution time issue, as shown by the Apache
error log entry.

Chris

Are you sure you've checked every possible place for Apache config
files? Most distro's have /etc/apache2/httpd.conf, but also
/etc/apache2/conf.d/* and the ones for each virtual host (mine are at
/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/*). You can also set php settings in
.htaccess files.

Yes, I don't think there is anything I haven't checked. The configuration under CentOS 6 is more the 'old way' - i.e. a conf/ and conf.d/. All the php configuration is in /etc/php.ini with conf.d/ php.conf enabling Apache php support.

Dokuwiki is installed as a virtual host located at /usr/share/ dokuwiki. If I create a php file in that directory that runs php_info(), then the output that's produced shows max_execution_time (global and local) as 120 seconds.

Chris

On Mon, Jan 2, 2012 at 4:52 PM, Chris Tapp <opensou...@keylevel.com> wrote:
> Yes, I don't think there is anything I haven't checked. The configuration
> under CentOS 6 is more the 'old way' - i.e. a conf/ and conf.d/. All the php
> configuration is in /etc/php.ini with conf.d/php.conf enabling Apache php
> support.
>
> Dokuwiki is installed as a virtual host located at /usr/share/dokuwiki. If I
> create a php file in that directory that runs php_info(), then the output
> that's produced shows max_execution_time (global and local) as 120 seconds.
>
> Chris

It is also possible to set the max execution time in PHP with
set_time_limit() function, maybe one of the scripts does that? Look at
the apache log at which file the timeout occurs, that might give you a
clue.

Matijn

On 2 Jan 2012, at 16:19, Matijn Woudt wrote:

It is also possible to set the max execution time in PHP with
set_time_limit() function, maybe one of the scripts does that? Look at
the apache log at which file the timeout occurs, that might give you a
clue.

Thanks Matijn, I've found a set_time_limit( 30 ) call in a file related to the transfer that looks like the root of the problem :-)

Thanks for the help.

Chris

Am 30.12.2011 17:11, schrieb Floyd Resler:
On Dec 30, 2011, at 11:05 AM, Matt Graham wrote:

I'm still not sure why they aren't displaying.  But as long as I have a place
to find them I'm cool with that.

Maybe anything in your web application overrides display_errors?

--
Marco Behnke
Dipl. Informatiker (FH), SAE Audio Engineer

Tel.: 0174 / 9722336
e-Mail: ma...@behnke.biz

Softwaretechnik Behnke
Heinrich-Heine-Str. 7D