php-general Digest 3 Aug 2012 18:50:24 -0000 Issue 7908

Re:[PHP] PHP 5.4.6RC1 Released for Testing!
        318621 by: СÓãϺ

Re: Awkward time processing
        318622 by: Alessandro Pellizzari

Re: php safe mode no more?
        318623 by: Lester Caine

get_browser error
        318624 by: admin
        318625 by: Daniel Brown

Your AmazonLocal order is confirmed: TigerDierct Gift Cards Inc.
        318626 by: Amazon.com

when your do php x64 version? or tell me how i do it.

From:  "Stas Malyshev"<smalys...@sugarcrm.com>;
Date:  Fri, Aug 3, 2012 11:48 AM
To:  "PHP Internals"<intern...@lists.php.net>;
"php-gene...@lists.php.net"<php-gene...@lists.php.net>;

Subject:  [PHP] PHP 5.4.6RC1 Released for Testing!

Hi!

I've released PHP 5.4.6RC1 which can be found here:
    http://downloads.php.net/stas/
Windows binaries as always are at:
    http://windows.php.net/qa/

This is a regular bugfix release, the full list of issues fixed can be
found in the NEWS files. Please test and report if anything is broken.

If no critical issues is found in this RC, the final version will be
released in two weeks.

Regards,
    Stas Malyshev and David Soria Parra

Il Thu, 02 Aug 2012 09:25:40 -0700, Robert Williams ha scritto:

> $times = array(
>         17 => '15:31',
>         16 => '15:32',
>         27 => '15:33',
>         14 => '15:34',
>         11 => '15:35',
>         27 => '16:33',
>         14 => '17:34',
>         11 => '11:35',
>         11 => '11:36',
> );

This will not work as expected. Try:

var_dump($times);

You lose 4 array elements.

Better:

$times = array(
 array('time'=>'15:31', 'c':17),
 array('time'=>'15:32', 'c':16),
 array('time'=>'15:33', 'c':27),
 array('time'=>'15:34', 'c':14),
 array('time'=>'15:35', 'c':11),
 array('time'=>'16:33', 'c':27),
 array('time'=>'17:34', 'c':14),
 array('time'=>'11:35', 'c':11),
 array('time'=>'11:36', 'c':11)
);

$result = array();

foreach ($times as $time) {
 if (!array_key_exists($time['time'], $result) {
  $result[$time['time']] = 0;
 }
 $result[$time['time']] += $time['c'];
}

Bye.

D. Dante Lorenso wrote:
The school I work with wants to set up PHP and MySQL hosting for about 10,000
students.
I suspect that if you have a lot of students active at once you will need a few machines to support this. I'd certainly recommend a separate machine running the database and not MySQL but that is my own pet hate ;) - postgres would be preferable if only to get new users trained in a better standard. I run firebird database servers myself.

Apache can be configured to provide individual logins, and it's ring fencing their data areas that is the important bit, but you will need a lot of storage space for 10000 users.

I see that in 5.4, PHP safe-mode is being removed.  How is it supposed to be
done if not safe-mode?
It was the wrong solution to the problem.
But as with much that is happening on PHP today, killing things off is being actioned without any real documented support as to how to replace it. Not their problem is the usual response when we ask how something should be done like this :(

Are all the hosting providers using suExec and running PHP as CGI or FastCGI?
If I'm trying to do this the right way, what way is that? Anyone got link or
pointers on what I need to learn?
Another one is suphp but that seems to have stalled?

Having been scuppered recently because SUSE seems to have lost it's way as well, I've just started a setup using Debian so I can get the latest Apache and PHP, and one link that poped up which looks useful is http://x10hosting.com/forums/vps-tutorials/148894-debian-apache-2-2-fastcgi-php-5-suexec-easy-way.html . I have always used the apache php module, so was looking to give CGI a try as a comparison, but I don't have any need for the cross user security myself. My users just access their material at the PHP level, securely stored in their own databases :)

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL
-----------------------------

Anyone using

Get_browser() notice that IE 9 is reporting as IE 7?

I am aware  of compatibility mode in IE 9 but that should not change the
version information sent  will it?

On Fri, Aug 3, 2012 at 9:42 AM, admin <ad...@buskirkgraphics.com> wrote:
> Anyone using
>
> Get_browser() notice that IE 9 is reporting as IE 7?
>
> I am aware  of compatibility mode in IE 9 but that should not change the
> version information sent  will it?

    My guess is that it would, in fact, because it would send its
user-agent string as the previous version.

--
</Daniel P. Brown>
Network Infrastructure Manager

                Good news, pear-gene...@lists.php.net!

                                                    Your AmazonLocal order is
confirmed. Your order summary is listed below.
                                                          Visit Your Vouchers
page whenever you
want to print your voucher or display it on your phone.

                                                                Ready to print
now?

                         Thanks for being a customer,

                                 The AmazonLocal Team

                                                                 Order Summary

                                                         Quantity

                                                 Price

                                                        $100 Gift Card

                                                10

                                $100.00

                                                        TigerDierct Gift Cards
Inc.

                                                        Order number:
D01-0583959-4225166

                                                        Sold by TigerDierct
Gift Cards Inc.

                                                        Order Total:

                                $1000.00

                                                                Need help?
Contact AmazonLocal Customer Service at (866) 395-2090 or visit
                             our Help page.
                                                             This message was
sent to the following email address: pear-gene...@lists.php.net. This email
                                   was sent from a notification-only email
address that cannot accept incoming email.
    Please do not reply to this email unless you really enjoy reading automated
email                                               replies.

    All vouchers are subject to the AmazonLocal Conditions of Use available at
                                            http://local.amazon.com/terms
                                    &copy; 2012 AmazonLocal or its affiliates.
All rights reserved. AmazonLocal and the AmazonLocal
             logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.
AmazonLocal, 410 Terry Avenue N.,
Seattle, WA 98109-5210.