php-general Digest 3 Aug 2013 21:47:14 -0000 Issue 8320

Re: Sending headers to server
        321778 by: Karim Geiger
        321781 by: Matijn Woudt

Session Vars not staying active
        321779 by: dealTek
        321780 by: Daniel P. Brown

Am 02.08.13 18:03, schrieb Miguel Guedes:
> This is strange.  I've just found out that the headers are sent
> correctly if I access the website outside of localhost. I don't
> understand why.

I also don't. I've tried the exactly same code you posted on my
localhost as well and it worked all properly. Weird behaviour, can
anyone explain why this happens?

Regards

Karim

--
Karim Geiger
Auszubildender Fachinformatiker AE

B1 Systems GmbH

On Sat, Aug 3, 2013 at 11:46 AM, Karim Geiger <gei...@b1-systems.de> wrote:

> Am 02.08.13 18:03, schrieb Miguel Guedes:
> > This is strange.  I've just found out that the headers are sent
> > correctly if I access the website outside of localhost. I don't
> > understand why.
>
> I also don't. I've tried the exactly same code you posted on my
> localhost as well and it worked all properly. Weird behaviour, can
> anyone explain why this happens?
>
> Regards
>
> Karim

Could it be that you're actually ending up with a different site because
you have configured your vhost to a certain domain?

- Matijn

Hi all,

I am having trouble with session vars.

I'm trying to implement the credit card direct pay method outlined here...

http://developer.authorize.net/api/dpm/

- Basically, page 1 is my form that goes outside my site to the cc gateway
company then comes back with a result... (PG2)

Problem: if I try to create session vars on page 1 - they don't work on page 2.

Am I correct in thinking that when this process leaves my site and goes to the
gateway, then returns, it is similar to creating a new session and that is why
the session vars don't remain active?

Thanks in advance.

--
Thanks,
Dave - DealTek

On Aug 3, 2013 3:03 PM, "dealTek" <deal...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>

> I am having trouble with session vars.
>
> I'm trying to implement the credit card direct pay method outlined here...
>
> http://developer.authorize.net/api/dpm/
>
> - Basically, page 1 is my form that goes outside my site to the cc
gateway company then comes back with a result... (PG2)

> Problem: if I try to create session vars on page 1 - they don't work on
page 2.

> Am I correct in thinking that when this process leaves my site and goes
to the gateway, then returns, it is similar to creating a new session and
that is why the session vars don't remain active?

> Thanks in advance.

    Are you calling session_start() on both pages or at least using a
session auto start?  Also, is the API returning the data by redirecting the
client (browser) or doing a postback?

    If the remote server is calling back behind the scenes, then you'll
need a workaround and additional processing, or the ability to pass the
session ID and assume the client-initiated session (not ideal).  If it's
all processed by the browser, the redirection should have no bearing, as
the session will persist based upon the server-side data and the
client-side cookie; the server will have no knowledge of the client's
redirection to the payment gateway (nor any remote destination).