Guess you can run `du -s /one/folder`  which outputs disk usage summary for
that folder. (Not on Win)

-J
-----Original Message-----
From: Cynic [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 12. januar 2001 12:19
To: Gareth Davies; PHP List
Subject: Re: [PHP] Question

you'll have to compute the sum of filesizes of all the files
in their directory. At least on NT, filesize on directory
returns 0.

At 12:08 12.1. 2001, Gareth Davies wrote the following:
>Hi all,
>
>Is there a way in PHP to get the size of a directory? (so I can see how
much disk space my users are using in their home directory).

>Can someone also tell me what the PHP General list is exactly. Is it run by
PHP folk only? Can I subscribe to this list somewhere and maybe help someone
else out for a change?

>Thanks,
>Gareth Davies
>Progressive Business Services Ltd
>
>+44 (0) 1274 889592   Office
>+44 (0) 1274 889656   Fax
>+44 (0) 7970 733851   Mobile (24 Hour)
------end of quote------

Cynic:

A member of a group of ancient Greek philosophers who taught
that virtue constitutes happiness and that self control is
the essential part of virtue.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]