Hi Jack,

Firstly, this is an HTML issue.  You can lose the ; and I'd run your page
through a validator, such as :

    http://validator.w3.org/

It must be a table issue or something.  For example, when isolated this
works just fine :

<?php
print("<td>");
print("<input type='button' value='back' onclick='self.history.back()'>");
print("</td>");
?>

Regards,

Philip