Hi all,

With the following in one page:
<input type=text name=document_title>";

and this in the page called:
echo "$document_title";

I am receiving two different results from two different environments under some
circumstances, which is causing me a massive headache.

My development environment is PHP 4.0.3pl1 running on Windows 95.
My live environment is 4.0.1pl2 running on a Cobalt Raq.

All is well in both the above until the user enters an apostrophe, upon which the
development environment nicely adds a backslash prior to it, allowing it to be saved
in Mysql with no additional effort. The live environment, however, does not.

I am trying to build quite an advanced system using PHP and I'm finding a number of
issues with quotes and double-quotes which makes building dependable code extremely
difficult and time consuming. Has anyone else had trouble getting their applications
to be 100% water tight regarding user entry?

Any help would be greatly appreciated - I've now spent more than one week just messing
around with apostrophes in one form or another - this is only the latest of my worries
- and I'm sure there are more quote related issues to come :O)

Gareth Davies
Progressive Business Services Ltd

+44 (0) 1274 889592   Office
+44 (0) 1274 889656   Fax