From: david klein <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, January 16, 2001 11:12 AM
Subject: [PHP] How to handle multiple lines in PHP?

I have a textarea in one php page to allow user to leave message. How ever,
if the user input(three lines):

123
456
567

after I get it through some php scripts, and put it into database, later on,
I try to display it, but it becomes(only one line):

123 456 789

Does anyone know how to handle this? One idea is to convert the <END OF LINE
CHAR> to "<BR>" before putting it into the database, but how can we detect
the <END OF LINE CHAR> in PHP?   Or is there any other ways?

Thank you very much in advance.